We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rauma railway excursion from cruise ship

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Midlands
Level Contributor
64 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Rauma railway excursion from cruise ship

Hello, I will be visiting Andalsnes on a cruise ship next month. I am not keen on coach travel but I don't mind trains, however the excursion I am looking at involves Andalsnes to Bjorli by train then a coach back to the ship. Can anyone please tell me how long the train journey would be, then how long the coach journey would take? I believe the total excursion is about 4 hours. Also are there toilets on the trains and coaches in Norway?

I will be on my own so feel a little nervous.

Thank you.

Oslo
Level Contributor
14,024 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rauma railway excursion from cruise ship

On trains and long-distance coaches there are toilets, not on local buses.

Åndalsnes-Bjorli is 50 km so driving takes a less than 1 hour, but stops and waiting will be more than 2 hours.

The Rauma railway runs through the great Rauma or Romsdalen valley, great rivers, gorges, waterfalls and mountains:

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Kyllin…

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Marste…

westcoastpeaks.com/pics07B/rankol_01trollveg…

2. Re: Rauma railway excursion from cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, July 18, 2013