We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi

My daughter and I will be staying at lake Bunyonyi for one night after a gorilla trek in Rawanda and on our way to Kampala in June. From reading reviews, it looks like some favorite moderately priced places are: Arcadia Cottages, Jajama Panorama or Byoona Amagara. Byoona Amagara sounds like an amazing place, but I'm not sure we should take the time for getting there with only one night. Any recommendations?

4 replies to this topic
Uganda
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi

Bunyonyi overland resort is a wonderful place and resonably priced.

Amagara is a backpackers site from my recollection.

Enjoy bunyonyi.my favourite part of uganda!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi

Be aware that Arcadia Cottages are about equal to a 2* at home with a restaurant that has ambiance comparable to a prison cafeteria.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,856 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi

Arcadia was fine when I last visited. The food was maybe not as african as I would have wished but the staff tried their best.

Also consider www.naturelodges.biz Kalebas Camp. Simple accommodation at a simple price.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi

Thanks for all your comments. As we will be coming from rather sparse/basic accommodations where we will be staying while going on our gorilla trek in Rwanda, we decided to spend the little bit extra to stay in a bit more luxury, so we booked with The Birdnest as we will only be there one afternoon and overnight before leaving the next morning.

Reply to: Lodging recommendations for one night at Lake Bunyonyi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kabale