We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las palmeras - towels?

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Las palmeras - towels?

Hello,

Hoping someone who has stayed here before can help please.

I'm travelling with my partner, 9 year ild and 5 month old sons at the end of the month.

Do the apartment supply towels in the bathroom? I will take beach towels but wondered if I will need to being bathroom towels for us all too?

Thanks

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las palmeras - towels?

I have not stayed in these apartments but self catering apartments should always have all necessary linen and other things for use in them. Normally the maid service is likely to be twice during a 7 day stay and 4/5 times during a 14 day one) with weekly bed linen change and new towels "as required" -most hotels etc. operate a system whereby if you hang towels back up the maid doesn't change them but if they are placed on the floor or in the empty bath that is the signal that you want clean ones - there should be an info sheet about this sort of thing when you arrive

salgarhotels.com/en/vacations-apartments-ser… suggests that pool towels are provided (I take it that you do know that S'Algar does not have a beach as such - the resort operates with swimming platform into the sea) but if you are not sure I suggest you email beforehand to check as there is no point lugging them with you if you do not need to.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las palmeras - towels?

Fantastic, thank you for your reply, very helpful.

Yes I had read there is no beach and just a platform at s'algar.

Do you know how far/long a walk the nearest sandy beach is?

Thanks again

yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las palmeras - towels?

We are also staying here at the end of May for the 1st time. I emailed the hotel about towels, room towels provided and pool towels can be hired for 10e. The beaches, from my research are apx 20 min to the small cove at alcaufar and about 40mins to punta prima . There is a bus stop outside the property with regular bus services into Mahon and then onto other places, we plan on a visit to Cala Galdana or Son Bou by bus for a beach day too. Enjoy your stay!!

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las palmeras - towels?

Fabulous! Thank you for letting me know.

I'm really looking forward to it, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

5. Re: Las palmeras - towels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about S'Algar
Recent Conversations