We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Season.

Which S'Algar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
inverness
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Season.

Are the hotels and apartments open yet? Not seeing any reviews for this year.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Season.

In short the answer is no on the whole. I was on the island last week and save for the odd early bird the hotels and resorts are doing maintenance in preparation for the season. Generally the 1st of May is when things begin in earnest.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Season.

Gosh thats late, I tried to book at the end of March for San Luis without success.

Going out in June as usual. Brilliant place, would consider a spring holiday if open. Tend to get good bargains as well, so good value for money.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Season.

Don't be put off just because the "resorts" aren't in full swing. Out of season there are some very good deals on flights ". As I said I was on the island until last weekend and the weather was fabulous. You would need to look at a hotel or apartment in say Mahon, Es Castell or Ciutadella. These are all functioning towns in their own right so there will be plenty going on. If the weather is good you will have the pick of the beaches. I was at the beach at Son Bou and Cala Galdana last week and both were glorious and deserted. That won't happen much come June! My wife is at our place in Ciutadella today and nipped into the Port Ciutadella Hotel to avail herself of the pool and tells me it was very busy. That is a lovely hotel and part of the Seth Group which I think is open year round. I would really recommend a trip at this time of year as the island is a totally different place, so much greener and lush and much less frenetic.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
997 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Season.

Good deals on flights yes, as long as you don't live in Inverness. There are no direct flights from any Scottish airport till May. I don't think that even Jet2 out of Edinburgh starts that early. I priced flights for November and regardless of lowcost airlines and going via anywhere it was still around £500 per person.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Season.

Yes we lose out on the best deals living in Scotland. Flying from Glasgow in June. Takes us nearly 3 and a half hours to get to the airport. Love Menorca and will consider going in the spring in future years.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Season.

That's a shame Caroliner. Very reasonable flights from East Midlands down here at the moment. I have a return for less than £50.00 next week.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
997 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Season.

deebanks, don't rub it in! I know how reasonable the prices are when an airline is flying a new route but because there's not enough competition from the Scottish airports the flights are always pricey. I always drive to Manchester to keep the cost down. When it's high season in Scotland it's mid season from Manchester, English schools break up about three weeks after the Scots. East Midlands is just a bit too far to drive, even for a bargain.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Season.

I would like to use east midland too,but without a car it is so difficult to reach that the costs getting to/from airport is much more than the flight

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Season.

Even from Manchester it's tricky since Monarch stopped year round flights. We used to go in February and April, now first flight out is 6th May and one week later with Jet 2" i think Gatwick is the only year round route. We were in Mahon last April and here was hardly a soul about. Fine if there's spring weather but that isn't always the case. Id wait until May personally as more choice and chance of decent weather.

10. Re: Holiday Season.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about S'Algar
Recent Conversations