We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Buses advice please

Which Vilanova i la Geltru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Local Buses advice please

Returning to Villa Nova soon, staying at Atenea Park hotel, last time I was there I noticed local buses,as its a bit of a walk into town I was wanting to make use of this transport. I have looked at the guidance and link to routes on this site but still confused about the routes and stops, I wonder if someone who has local knowledge help with my questions.

Where do you buy the tickets, on the bus or from local shops, do shops have a sign in the window to advertise the sale of tickets. I believe you can get a book of 10 tickets, also how would you ask for them.

How do you use the tickets, do you hand them to the driver or is there a machine on the bus you put them into.

Can you get a local bus from the Railway station or nearby to near the Atenea Park.

I guess L2 route is the bus that I would get from near the Atenea Park to Rambla Principal, centre of town, how do I find out which bus stop and the times of the buses, the timetables don't appear to show individual bus stop times.

Thanks for any advice.

SB

Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Buses advice please

You can find all the information you ask in the Ajuntament de Vilanova i la Geltrú website: vilanova.cat/html/…bus_urba.html (in Catalan)

There are generally 2 tipes of tickets: the single ticket ("Bitllet senzill", one-way), which costs 1,50€ and you can buy in the bus; and the T10 (10 journeys), which costs 7,35€ and you have to buy in an "estanc" (the shop where tobacco and stamps are sold, all of them have this appearance cerdanyolacomerc.cat/photo/…ESTANC-N_-1-1.jpg ). Here you have the list of estancs in Vilanova i la Geltrú: vilanova.cat/jsp/… (if you click on the name of the estanc, you will be able to see its localization).

You have to put the T-10 ticket into a machine in the bus (the single ticket is already sold by the bus driver).

You can see a map of the bus lines of Vilanova i la Geltrú with their timetables here: www.vilanova.cat/doc/doc_29749329_1.pdf The nearer bus station to your hotel is Pg. Ribes Roges-Roger de Llúria (L1 and L2 stop there). As you can see on the map, both L1 and L2 stop at the railway station.

The local bus of Vilanova i la Geltrú is "integrated", it means you can use it in combination with the train in the same way you can use bus and metro in Barcelona without paying 2 times, with an "integrated" ticket.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Buses advice please

Thank you for your information, I have looked at the links and it has clarified some points. Could you please assist with some other questions.

In addition to buying tickets the "estancs" can I purchase a T 10 at the bus station, also does a T10 come as one ticket or as ten tickets that can be detached as you use them,can two persons use tickets from a T10 two at a time.

How do you ask for a T10 in Spanish, and in your reply you say that the tickets can be used in combination with the train, are there zones that limit the use, how far will a single ticket take you on the train from Villa Nova i la Geltru.

From the infomation I guess the L1 (blue) will take me from the Railway station to PG Ribes Roges near my hotel and I correct.

Many Thanks.

SB

Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Buses advice please

In the bus station of Vilanova i la Geltrú (next to the railway station) there is not a ticket office, so you can't purchase there any T-10 tickets. I don't know whether in the railway station ticket office bus T10 tickets are sold. T10 tickets come as one ticket. Normally this type of tickets can be used by more than 1 person (for example in the Metro of Barcelona), but I would ask for it in the estanc or to the bus driver.

You should know that there are 2 types of T10 tickets. There are T10 tickets which are valid only in the Vilanova i la Geltrú local bus (7,35€), and then there are the "integrated" T10 tickets, that can be used in combination with the train (and depending on the number of zones the T10 integrated ticked is, you will be able to go further or not). You have the list of prices and the map of zones in the following links: www.atm.cat/web/ca/veure.php…

http://www.gencat.cat/rodalies/planol.htm

You can buy T10 integrated tickets in practically all the railway stations.

You can ask for a T10 in Spanish: "¿Tiene una tarjeta de 10 viajes para el bus de Vilanova, por favor?" or in Catalan (that is better ;) "Té un abonament de 10 viatges per al bus urbà, si us plau?"

And for asking about how many people can use the T10: "¿Puede utilizar la tarjeta más de una persona?" (Spanish) and "Pot utilitzar l'abonament més d'una persona?" (Catalan).

Edited: 9:42 am, August 23, 2013
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local Buses advice please

Thank you for the extra clarification, will be using the buses this time I visit.

SB

Northampton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Local Buses advice please

can you please tell me does the L1 or L2 still go to villanova park holiday camp it went there last year so just wanted to no if it still did as we plan to use buses

Also if i wanted to go Salou on bus can i get one from vilanova or train

6. Re: Local Buses advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, July 19, 2015