We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Which Mardin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Hi

We are thinking of adding this part of Turkey to our itinarary for June.

Between doing the Fethiye/Antalya coast and going back to Istanbul, we have 4 days to spare.

Is it possible to get to Diyarbakir or Gaziantep or Sanlurfa by plane, or even bus? We would love to see this part of Turkey and then maybe go back again when we have more time.

Any advice will be helpful.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,726 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Annali-Floris, There are frequent flights from Istanbul to Gaziantep, Saniliurfa or Mardin by Pegasus Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Atlas Jet International, and by Anadolu Jet. Check the flights and schedules with "www.aerobilet.com". From Antalya, you can fly via Istanbul. However you can also take a bus from Antalya. Here are the bus companies at Antalya and their destinations. "e-yasamrehberi.com/otobus_firmalari/antalya_…" For example Ben Tourism has buses to Gaziantep.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 9:28 am, January 20, 2014
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

If you don't want to go via Istanbul, it's only 1 hour by plane from Antalya to Adana with Pegasus (51TL). But you would have to continue from there by bus.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

You have no need to go back to Istanbul.There are flights direct from Antalya to Diyarbakır with Sunexpress.This would put you central for several places-Mardin,Urfa,Hasankeyf etc.as well as Diyarbakır itself.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Aha, that's even better! Only 95TL.

Edited: 1:16 pm, January 20, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Yes,it really is a good option.Flights into Diyarbakır are generally a decent price and the city is a major transport hub for the area meaning you can get a bus very easily to practically anywhere local or longer distance.

Also the airport is only 2 or 3 miles from the city centre so getting in and out is cheap and easy too.

Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Thank you to all of you for the info.

Busy doing some research now, found the Sunexpress prices and flight schedule.

The buses going that way is difficult. Only in Turkish, but I'm working on it :-)

Will need more help, so please keep on giving advice.

Edited: 2:47 am, January 21, 2014
Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Hi, I'm back with more questions!

I do have the prices and times for flights, but I would like to compare them with the bus.

I tried my best, but couldn't translate the Ben Tourism bus site. We need to depart from Antalya on the 17 or 18 June for Sanliurfa, Mardin or Diyarbakir (any of these will do). And then we have to be back in Istanbul on the 22nd.

Help please?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

70TL, 14 hours to Gaziantep.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Don't be flustered or worried about the lack of online internet information when it comes to buses in Turkey.

Turkish people buy bus tickets on impulse. Most literally just rock up to the bus or ferry terminal with their bags, find out times and buy their tickets. This is the way it always has been and this is the way it always most likely will remain.

Classic example, I was in Bursa at Kentmeydan AVM buying ferry tickets for ido to go to Istanbul a few days later when a teenage boy with bags also was present to purchase tickets however he had missed the ferry time as he wanted to travel then. I gave him directions to go to the Budo terminal and told him they had a later departure as I was researching my options for a few days later.

I did the route in reverse where I caught an overnight bus from Gaziantep 1930 to Alanya 0700. Even though it was night time I really enjoyed the twisting and curving tight coastal roads the bus went on. The tickets were 55 lira each but we got them for 50 lira each as there were 5 of us. We travelled with Ben Turizm.

Again I had no prior tickets or anything but simply after hiring a car at Gaziantep airport went straight to the otogar to enquire bus times and purchased my return tickets from there to Alanya. There were probably upto 10 companies offering the service. If you search on the internet you could only find information on 3-5 of them.

However if there are direct flights I would go with that option. In my case there were no direct flights from Gaziantep to Alanya or Antalya so the bus worked out well. I don't like doing more than 2-3 long overnight bus journeys but on this occasion the ones I took worked out great.

Edited: 5:11 am, January 21, 2014
Durbanville, South...
Level Contributor
508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Antalya to Mardin?

Thank you, David.

And thank you, Resme. I think we will follow your advice and get the bus tickets when we arrive in Antalya.At least we know there will be buses doing that route.

Thank you again to everybody, for all the help and advice.

Annali

Get answers to your questions about Mardin