We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Jan 2015

ballycastle
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Jan 2015

Hi ive planned a trip to tenerife 26/1/15 - 02/2/15.

We stayed before at the Tenerife royal country club, which was excellent.

This time the prices seem to have jumped 4 fold... Can anyone suggest local accommodation thats not stupidly overpriced?

From the time I spent in the resort before there were endless places, now doing a web search im just getting the same expensive places..

Many thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Not sure what they've got in January, but I find Edificio Aguarmarina (via Trip Advisor or www.tenerife.hols.com) very reasonable apartments. Next to Santa Barbara Golf & Country Club

ballycastle
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Ill look there now, I remember piles of wee apartments being advertised local on posters and in windows.. on the main road thru the resort on the left and right below the medical centre/chemist. Also down along the coast road past he san blas centre.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Because of the Tenerife government making residential properties illegal to rent there are very few now to chose from.

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Was the governments argument not dismissed in a court case last November?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Jan 2015

From what I read Dok it is still illegal to rent out property which is on a residential complex short term to holidaymakers, but because the authorities went about gathering their information on some of these illegal lettings purely from internet website this was found not to be sufficient and therefore those that this applied to found their fines reduced or cancelled while others where there was overwhelming proof had their fines upheld.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Even for 3 month "legal" rents that we do we still find it very difficult to find a suitable apartment.

Estate agents that do long lets don't want to know a year in advance as they might get someone to take it for a few years .

We can't afford to pay holiday short term rents that go through holiday letting agents .

I can understand how residential areas don't want party animals in their complex ,but let's face it ,people renting for three months have to be retired oldies.

We have rented for the last 6 years but doubt if we'll do it next year as it's just become too hard to find anywhere suitable .

I think the Tenerife tourist industry really needs to rethink this policy as I think they're loosing a lot of revenue and everywhere we look at is full of empty apartments .

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Thanks Aguilas, i thought that all of them had been thrown out.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Jan 2015

You don´t say what size you are looking for, there is a studio, which I have seen advertised locally on the Golf, it can sleep up to 4 people. If this sounds suitable let me know and I will PM you a contact email and phone number.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Jan 2015

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p1029500

Hi, check out the duquesa del mar apartments- link above for an apartment we stayed in recently, it was perfect. great location, lovely heated pool and apartment spotless.

Other complex that is nice is parque albatross - you'll find some apartments on ownersdirect website as well

Hull
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Jan 2015

Hi

Look at Duquesta Del Mar Complex, it is a lovely. We stayed there in January for 5 weeks and have already booked to go back next January for 7 weeks. Look on the following web sites and I am sure you should find something.

Owners Direct

Holiday Lettings

Home and Away

Good Luck!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur
Recent Conversations