We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks to go!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks to go!

I'm sitting here in wet and windy UK at the moment and putting together my list of things to take and things to do when we arrive on 22 June. Got a week at Sunningdale Village and can't wait to have a bit of sun and relaxation. Going to do a whale watching trip and a trip up Mount Teide any other must do suggestions welcome (we're 2 60yr old young at heart ladies)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks to go!

Hi

If you are into animals a trip to Loro Parque IMO is well worthwhile as once you have paid the entrance fee all the shows are free and seeing penguins with real snow is worth the travelling time

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks to go!

I don't know Malagogo, I pop over to another forum and there you are too!!!

I'm really looking forward to my break and Sparhawk1 I think we will give the Loro Parque a try, I love anything with animals and birds and always visit the Bioparc and Selwo Marina and Aventura when on the Costa Del Sol.

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks to go!

Have fun...we fly over on the 22nd too !!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks to go!

I knew it Malagogo! Still as stalkers go I think you are harmless. LOL! ;0)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks to go!

For something really different try the 'Cave of the winds'. Tenerife has the largest system of lava tunnels outside Hawaii ! The tour includes a walk over the lava fields, explanations of how they were formed and a visit underground to see them first hand and to hear about the flora and fauna peculiar to the tunnels. You have to book in advance via the tourist office.

Another great (and free) attraction is the Sunday morning flea market at Santa Cruz. An unofficial 'car boot sale'. Spanish junk is really interesting. Walk up the hill then to the 'African Market' full of flowers., plants and local foods. Stock up on the cheap herbs.

GDSO

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks to go!

And if you are really adventurous what about a 'Try Dive'? Tenerife waters are warm and clear. Geoff in Los Abrigos will pick you up and get you underwater safely in no time at all. He is a lovely Yorkshireman with a wicked sense of humour. He is 'of a certain age' so you will get on well and he is also a great source of information regarding the island.

If you are interested post here and I will get you his details

GDSO

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,083 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks to go!

Thanks for the tips, will definitely have a look at them, my friend and I love a good market!!

My friend checked the weather forecast yesterday and it said rain for the week we are there! I told her not to worry, as forecasts aren't reliable more than 4 days in advance and I've ordered good weather for our visit!

Level Contributor
286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks to go!

How do u arrange a trip to Loro parque from the golf. We are over in august and this place is a must, our kids can't wait. Is there a excursion shop in San blas when we can book with transport to and from Loro parque? Also, any idea how mAny euro?

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks to go!

Hi, Loro Parque is a great day out. Entrance is around £30, there is a twin discounted ticket with Siam Water Park. Once you are in all the shows are free, and you can sit through them more than once. The penguins are my favorite, and it really snows.

There are excursions from the south. Tenerife Sunshine is often mentioned on this forum. You can also use the local TITSA bus to Puerto de la Cruz. Both have web sites in English.

Level Contributor
286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 weeks to go!

I assume u would have to book with Tenerife sunshine before leaving the uk online? I would ideally like to book from the golf if it is at all possible, I am also hoping that they provide transport from the golf straight to loro.

Hopefully San blas will have some of the little local shops that's will sell excursions ...

Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur