We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aguamarina Sickness Bug

Which Arenal d'en Castell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Aguamarina Sickness Bug

We have booked to go to the Aguamarina Hotel in July 2013 but after reading the awful reviews regarding the sickness and diarrhoea virus they had there we are really worried about going.

Does anybody know if this problem ever got sorted out.

We are thinking of paying to change hotels if we can't be sure of a healthy holiday. It seemed that the food practices of the chef left much to be desired too.

Any info gladly received. Thanks.

ginger

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

Bugs wouldn't last that long ( and who knows the chef may not be there now either) but anyway I am sure it must have been sorted out last season. Why not have a look at reviews for the end and see if anything relevant is there

Wales
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

The last review was awful. People vomiting at the table.

I wish the hotel would respond.

regards Ginger

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
997 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

'I wish the hotel would respond'

I take it you've tried to contact them. Most resort hotels don't open till the start of the season which is 1st May

Durham
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

Hi, we stayed in Aguamarina last September and spent the second week ill in the hotel room. The whole hotel was ill. Kids vomiting in the restaurant etc. We complained to Thomas Cook and have received compensation. The hotel said it was 'a change of environment bug'. Absolute rubbish it was food poisoning, we had all the symptoms of salmonella! I was ill for nearly two weeks after I first became ill and had to take medication to get on the plane home. The sickness bug had started a while before we arrived but we were not informed by the rep. It was the third time we stayed there. We stayed in 2005 and 2006 when it was a half board facility. It was fabulous!! The best holiday we had ever had. We returned last year when it was all inclusive and it had gone downhill. See my review 'it used to be paradise, not anymore'. I would not return to the hotel!

manchester
Level Contributor
586 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

AI ?????? that is the question.

Wales
Level Contributor
76 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

Thank you Yvonne for your honest review of the hotel, I really appreciate it. It's a change of hotel for us. We Will be a family of 6 with two children, and I would prefer to pay an amendment fee than chance food poisoning.

I hope that you will have a happy, healthy holiday this year.

Regards

Ginger

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

Hi Ginger

I have just sent you a private message re choosing an alternative location - be careful not to leap at something before researching it fully because different resorts may or may not offer the facilities you chose Arenal for in the first place

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

Just back from a week at this hotel and I think it has struck again. My daughter ended up in hospital for 2 days. The pool hygiene left a lot to be desired and lots of people were ill. We had been last June and had a great holiday but it has clearly gone down hill!!!!:((

Durham
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

I can't believe they have allowed this to happen again!!! Thomas Cook had numerous guests demanding compensation last year. The whole hotel was ill and I know that my husband and I had salmonella!! This is disgraceful and must be stopped. When we were there there were children hospitalised and everywhere you looked, someone was ill. How Thomas Cook have not done anything about this is absolutely beyond me!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aguamarina Sickness Bug

You are making unproven (liable? ) statements to the public- be careful this is a public forum and lawyers maybe reading

Get answers to your questions about Arenal d'en Castell