We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Hi

I've booked through First Choice to stay at the Paloma. From 99% of the reviews most people seem to have gone through Thomas Cook. Has anyone stayed at the Paloma via First Choice? Do you know if they have a rep or access to any kids clubs at all? The latest review isn't very positive and luggage got lost and stated there was no rep at all. We booked with FC as was cheaper than Thomas Cook. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

P.S We have a suite booked, Does anyone know if these are away from the main hotel. We wanted to stay close to the beach and I emailed the hotel but have not heard anything back.

Many thanks in advance :-)

maidenhead
Level Contributor
36 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Hi Lynda,

I can help with a few of your questopns even though I booked with Thomas Cook when I stayed there last month You will have a rep there and she seemed nice enough but I'd be shocked if she was as good as Angela the Thomas Cook rep! She seemed to be about a fair bit though.

You can use the Thomas Cook Kids Club too but this is chargeable to non TC guests. I overheard the Kids Club staff mentioning the cost was £5 or 5 Euro a session.

I believe the 'suites' you mention will be the blocks nearest to the windmill with overlook the quieter of the two beaches. The sea is VERY child safe, sand stunning and plenty of fish to see near the rocks on eather side of the little cove. The young lad behind the bar on the beach is really good and there's a lifeguard on duty for your safety!

Try emailing aysel.yalca@palomasultan.com. She's the hotel's Front Manager and really good!

Enjoy! I'm sure you'll love it!

Wayne

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Hello,

I am travelling with First Choice in September(We have just changed our holiday from a different hotel in Kusadasi to this one) The hotel we were previously at had awful reviews about food so after looking at the reviews on this one we are hoping this will be much nicer and worth the change.

We are hoping to book a late check out, does anyone know how much these are and if they can be booked before you go.

We are also hoping to do a trip to Ephesus, can this be done by being picked up from the paloma club sultan, or do you have to make your own way there.

If anyone can help with the above questions I would really appreciate it :)

Thank you :):)

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Hi Wayne

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. All the information you have given me is really useful. It looks a lovely hotel from the pictures and we can't wait to go now. Great tip regarding the kids club. Definitely worth a few Euros for our daughter to make some little friends. Thank again :-)

maidenhead
Level Contributor
36 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Hi Kjones9014,

I think you'll be happy with the change of hotel!!!

You can get to Ephesus from The Club Sultan. I think First Choice do a trip like Thomas Cook.

However lots of people found it much cheaper to hire a car at the kiosk below reception or by getting the dolmus to Selcuk and then getting a taxi to Ephesus.

Book a return trip with the cab driver to drop you off at the top gate and pick you up at the bottom gate as this will save walking up hill in the heat!

The taxi drivers are as safe as anything and all the prices are displayed. They will not rip you off!

The dolmus is really cheap and run from the hotel entrance too! BARGAIN!!!

Re the late check out it will cost about 40 euros if the hotel can allocate you a room that is not needed by a guest that's arriving til later that day. You can safely leave your cases with reception who will store them in the hotel's secure room whether or not you get a late room.

You can read my full report on the hotel. I think it's dated 13.06.13 on page 2 of the reviews.

Hope that you have a lovely holiday!

Wayne

maidenhead
Level Contributor
36 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Hi Lynda,

No worries! Pleased to be able to help!

I'm sure your little one will make friends at The Kids Club!!!!!! It's really nice for kids. All the staff at the hotel love the little ones and make them feel special!

Then you have The French Animation/Entertainment Team who all go out their way to involve the children in any activity the child wants to do. They are fantastic! The MINI DISCO is awesome and I've heard those 10 blooming songs everyday since we got back as we bought the CD!

You will have a great time! More importantly perhaps is your little one will too!

I can't wait to go back!!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

Thank you for your reply Wayne :)

Many thanks

Kirsty

7. Re: Paloma Club Sultan - Anyone travelled through First Choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ozdere