We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Further to my post on 1st June, being very pleased that our 25th Anniversary to Paloma Pasha had been rebooked for October, I couldnt believe the phone call I received from Thomas Cook yesterday saying that our holiday has been cancelled for the SECOND TIME. I just cannot believe the way we have been treated by ThomasCook, especially after giving them a second chance. I would never trust them again and would be wary of other holidays being cancelled. Will now be booking a last-minute holiday with anyone but Thomas Cook.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Hi sandy,

How can someone be so unlucky and have their hopes dashed a second time.

It would be bad at any time but when your celebrating a special anniversary so much worse.

I had a call today from Direct holidays regarding my Pasha booking but it was chasing for the payment of my late September holiday, saying I had not paid and it was over due, it is not due until 2nd August.

What explanation were you given this time??

Hope you get somewhere fantastic, I could highly recommend the Xanadu Island but it is only available with the TC group. Good Luck and have an happy anniversary where ever you get to spend it!!

Edited: 10:24 am, July 29, 2011
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Thanks for your message Toady. Yesterday I was told that our return flight to Birmingham was cancelled due to not enough numbers on the plane. I told TC that we were totally flexible and could fly to or from any airport as long as the holiday was still for 11 nights or 14. They offered to change us to 7 nights, but thats not long enough for us. We were told that there was alternative flight availability from Manchester, which we agreed to. Today we had a phone call to say that our room was no longer available! I have just emailed Mine at Paloma Pasha to let her know the problems we have had with Thomas Cook. I hope your holiday booking works out ok, hopefully direct holidays are better than Thomas Cook.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Hi Sandyandy,

Direct Holidays are still the Thomas Cook group and I did quiery our holiday after your first cancellation.

I know jigglypuff has booked her Pasha holiday booking flight and hotel separately, why not drop her a pm to ask who she booked with.How could they have let your room go? It has not been showing any availability for the hotel ?

Have you checked if the flight is still being sold ? Sounds fishy to me!!

I here all the horror stories about cancellations etc but so far we have not experienced anything like this with Thomas Cook. Touch wood!!

Please let us know how you get on!

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Hi Toady, I have just booked Xanadu Island after reading positive reviews from yourself and others, although reluctantly had to book through TC as not available elsewhere. It looks like a good place to unwind and chill, but I'm not going to get too excited until I get there, in case we have another cancellation! Thank you for the suggestion and best wishes for your holiday

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Hi sandy,

I must say that I have some reservations about the Pasha myself and hope it will be okay.The drinks choice is pretty limited and Al a cartes one per week.

The Xanadu Island is relaxing and the Rosebud Bar will be nice in October if it is cool in the evenings.Do take a light jacket or Cardigan/ shrug because of the sea breeze.I will send you the contact I have if you would like to make requests and do mention your 25th Anniversary because you never know you may get a room upgrade to a Romance Suite with the semi circle bed.The standard Courtyard rooms are very nice anyhow and request to be on the side we had which gets the lovely late afternoon sunshine.

My photos should be up soon.

I think you may be glad to escape the now famous rubbish singer at the Pasha!! lol

I do hope you have a lovely Anniversary after all the upset.

I will send a pm!

Edited: 10:43 am, August 05, 2011
South Shields...
Level Contributor
23 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Just having a look arount on the internet tonight and found this site as we are going to Pasha on sat for the 2nd time.

I had the same problem with Direct Holidays saying I had not paid for our holiday and they were going to cancel after speaking to them for nearly 2 hours on the phone they agreed to hold my holiday, after a further 10 days they sent me a letter to inform me balance was Zero, never again will I talk to a robot when making a payment for our forthcomng holidays. I sent a letter in post no reply and then e-mail only thing they could do was say SORRY. I think your hands are tied when you are wanting to go to somewhere special.

Hope you get sorted.

Manchester.
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

Hi RochdaleEmilie,

We are also going to the PP on Saturday (20th August) are you on the 7am flight from Manchester?

Diane

South Shields...
Level Contributor
23 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

yes same here but the newcastle fligh

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

İ think this is outrageous, booking a holiday is not joining a lottery, you want to go and you pay, how can they cancel afterwards????

They probably overbook, and if İ was you İ would book flights and find a hotel, October normally is not the busiest of times.

Good luck for you!

10. Re: Paloma Pasha cancelled AGAIN !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ozdere