We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marigot Palms ~ Buckingham or Windsor

Charlotte, NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Marigot Palms ~ Buckingham or Windsor

My husband and I are taking a trip to St lucia in April and are wondering which apartment is better at the Marigot Palms. We were looking into the Windsor or the Buckingham. We were wondering if the Buckingham was too close to the pool. Any recommendations would be great.

Kieran Yacht Services
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Kriss Luxury Service
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Kitchener, Ontario...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Marigot Palms ~ Buckingham or Windsor

Because the Marigot Palms is newly opened this summer, you might not get a response from someone who has stayed there.

From their website - they both look nice! SInce both have views of the bay and poolside walkouts, and are the same cost, it sounds like a coin flip to me.

We spend a few weeks almost every winter at our timeshare across the bay at Oasis Marigot, and spend almost no time inside except for occasional meals in and to sleep, so any difference in the interiors would make no difference to us.... we spend hours sitting outside on our balcony absorbing the view :)

Charlotte, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marigot Palms ~ Buckingham or Windsor

Thank you so much for your response. We actually ended up renting a house at the Oasis Marigot. We are renting The Great House for a week. We are really excited and cannot wait. But if you have any favorite restaurants or things to do please let me know. We would love any suggestions.

We are actually looking in rentin a jeep and I was wondering if you had any rental companies you would suggest.

Thanks a bunch

Kiki

Kitchener, Ontario...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marigot Palms ~ Buckingham or Windsor

When are you going?

As for car rental, St Lucia is the only island in the Caribbean where my wife won't let me drive! However, the roads have improved greatly since our first visits 10 years ago, especially north towards Rodney Bay and the Cap.

Oasis Marigot can arrange a rental for you, and I trust their judgement in terms of which company they choose.

Favourite things to do in the Bay:

Southern sail to Soufriere and the Pitons (arranged through Oasis) - must do for a first-time visitor to St Lucia.

Burgers for lunch at the Hurricane Hole - they grind the sirloin fresh and can still cook it medium rare - which is how I like it..

Dinner at the Rainforest Hideaway and Boudreau's - 2 of the best restaurants o the island are right in the bay. Chateau My'Go used to be a great place to eat, but now it is more of a night spot - it's fun when the live band is there.

We occasionally like to spend a day at the beach, (the little spit in the bay is pretty but not a "real" beach") and so we buy a day pass to the Le Sport resort near the Cap. It's costly for the return cab ride (not an issue if you have a vehicle), and is a nice change for a day; it is all-inclusive for a fraction of their regular rates. Email Le Sport directly for rates, or Oasis Marigot can arrange it for you.

Since the Great House is across the bay from us in , I'm not sure if you will use the same guest services facilities, but if you ask either Nadjala or Miranda there they will help make your stay special. They've both been there since we' bought our timeshare 10 years ago.

You can email us off-line if you wnat any more info:

big_o_55@sympatico.ca

Hope you have a GREAT time.

Cheers

Bob & Carol

Edited: 6:51 pm, December 21, 2010
4. Re: Marigot Palms ~ Buckingham or Windsor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2011