We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane damage

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane damage

We are scheduled to return to St Lucia Dec 18, but there was a lot of damage during the recent hurricane. Roads were washed out, and airport closed !! Does anyone know the status of St Lucia NOW ??

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,702 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane damage

You're a bit behind with your news!

Yes some roads were washed out, but they were repaired and open about a week later. The main airport in the south of the island has been open for all aircraft since Nov. 7 - I was on the first American Air flight in to there, no problem. The airport in the north (SLU) has been open since about 3 days after the hurricane. The power was restored to more than 80% of the island within days with the rest by the end of the first week. Phones, cable, etc. all back up across the island and the water supply has been coming online across the island, with most everywhere having a steady supply by now. I live here, have been here since I could get home and honestly, except for a few areas, it's hard to tell how much damage we sustained. A few hotels are still closed, but they will be open within weeks. From what I know, even the Anse La Ray fish fry will be back up and running this week!

I hope this helps put your mind at ease about traveling down here. You should be great!

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane damage

To the OP a quick read of some of the recent posts on this forum might help as well!

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane damage

Hello jmarg17, the only thing missing in St. Lucia are the tourists. Bless up! Paul

4. Re: Hurricane damage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Marigot Bay