We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito's

Which Marigot Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
2 posts
Save Topic
Mosquito's

How are the Mosquito's this time of year??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito's

i have read reviews of people complaining at Stonefield and other resorts in Soufriere given the rainforest setting. on the other hand i have also read many reviews where people mention they are not a bother at all?! not sure what to believe.

we're from Ontario so i'm used to them in the summertime :)

anyhow we're going next Nov/2011 and would be curious to hear what people have to say on this...

Edited: 8:39 pm, November 29, 2010
Devon, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito's

Hi We have just returned from North of the Island and mosquitos were a problem. My daughter and husband had loads of bites. so suggest you take sprays, deterrants with you. We sprayed the room with some repellent every time we left the room and that definately helped. Also spray yourself in the evening before venturing out. I think it depends how tasty you are though as I did not get bitten at all !!!!!!!!

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito's

My two cents: 15 times to SL, in North, have never ever had a mosquito problem to the extent I've heard others mention on here, never put on spray, sprayed a room, etc. A few bites here and there, but, frankly, I've never experienced it to the level others have said, nor has anybody who has gone with me. Guess we're just not tasty enough. Who knows.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito's

Usually at their worst just after a storm. I use a spray first thing in the morning if you are up and about before 9am and in the evening. If you have air conditioning in the bedroom they normally don't like it. I don't spray the bedroom unless I can do it a long time before going to bed as don't like to breathe that stuff in. Spend quite a few weeks in the North of St Lucia at various times and the only time I have been badly bothered by bites was one October when it rained solidly for two weeks.

5. Re: Mosquito's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:07 am, January 30, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquito's

lobsterlovers - where are you staying?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquito's

Last there in May of this year mossies not too bad then. Sounds like you had bad luck in December as we were there for the whole month and didn't find them to bad. You must have just been particularly tasty at that time! I also find that the local insect repellent that is made in the Caribbean is more effective than stuff we bring from home like Off.

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquito's

Lobsterlover: The last time I was there was last January/February, and I was in the north. I don't think people are exagerating at all. I was simply stating I have never ever experienced it myself (in the north). Sounds like you're well prepared if it does happen again, and I hope your son fares much better this time around. Enjoy your trip.

9. Re: Mosquito's

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

10. Re: Mosquito's

Get answers to your questions about Marigot Bay