We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restuarnts by CJ

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
restuarnts by CJ

Any great place to eat lunch or dinner by CJ

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,852 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restuarnts by CJ

Are you trying to walk or drive - walking distance is Smokey's - get the snapper for dinner, rotis for lunch.

Spice at CJ is good - find out when Boss is playing, he is a lot of fun.

Trattoria Tramento, and Mangos are close, but you need a car. A bit further but outstanding are Jacala, Straw Hat and Ocean Echo, all really good.

Have a great trip.

Ellen

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restuarnts by CJ

Thank you Ellen! we love to walk but we will cab it as well. wanted to know if anything worth not to miss while we are by CJ. we will spend some time at the Viceroy too. we will choose the ones that are walking first and Cab it to the rest.

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: restuarnts by CJ

I wouldn't say anything is within walking distance of Cap. Yes you can walk to Smokey's along the beach but it is rocky and part of the time you'll be walking in water. Cabs are expensive and will break the bank. Strongly recommend renting a car to explore the island and go to various restaurants. Rentals are about $240/week. Driving is on the left but is easy on AXA. Walking at night can be dangerous as the roads are not well lit

new jersey
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restuarnts by CJ

I agree with Howard. The drive from the main road to get to Cap Juluca is a bit of a walk...maybe a little under 1/2 mile. And then once you are on the main road, restaurants are not very near. The cab drivers on Anguilla are wonderful characters and most whom we have driven with provide a wealth of information about the island. They are expensive. But if your plan is to lounge at CJ (the best beach on the island...awesome lounge chairs and beach service) during the day and use cabs to get to restaurants at night, they are an excellent way to go. Enjoy CJ. Our family has stayed there for the last 15+ years. It remains a very special resort.

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restuarnts by CJ

I thought about renting a car but how is parking? I'm use to driving on the opposite side of the road spend more than a few years in London and go back every year plus did military tour in Cyprus which also has the wrong side drive, lol. We are runners and do 10mile run each day so walking isn't a problem! I found that cab drivers know so much and are normally a colorful bunch. i like to hire a guy to take me around for a few days to get the lay of the land . i usually ask the doormen or bellmen for a recommendation. I most likely do that because I'm not into driving to much especially when i don't know the place, but i may change my mind once I'm here! All depends , I don't want to worry about parking and asking for directions.

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restuarnts by CJ

I was told the best beach around! looking forward to coming to the island. We will split our time btw the Viceroy and CJ. Our 21 yera old will meet us at the Viceroy and the CJ is just for us! Thank you!

new jersey
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restuarnts by CJ

Parking is not a problem anywhere on the island. And my 19yr old and 24yr old have lots of fun at Viceroy. Pumphouse and Elvis at Sandy Ground are fun places for the kids (and for you and your wife too). And daVida at Crocus Bay is great when Omari Banks and his band plays---your son can kayak to Little Bay from there. or take Calvin (he sits with the fisherman at the tables under the trees at the entrance to daVida) to Little Bay and he can rent you snorkeling gear. He is a wonderful guy.

Your plan to rent a car but also get a tour from a taxi cab driver is a great one!

Sfakia, Greece
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restuarnts by CJ

Wow, you guys are great! full of info! I figure I'll do the taxi tour first and check out the island and rent a car before my son comes down if parking isn't an issue. I notice this is a very small island but yet so many things to do and see. Do you have any idea what he charges? Does he wait for you or just comes back and pick you up? we maybe 4 ? Does little bay have any restaurants we all can go to after snorkeling ? I'm sorry if I'm asking so much ,but I've read many post by you , Howard, Ellen and AXA and you guys seem to know the island well. Thank you!

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: restuarnts by CJ

Believe Calvin charges $15/person round trip. He drops you off and picks you up at a time you ask him. Normally 2 hours is enough time at Little Bay. You also might consider a day sail/snorkel trip with Capt Rollins on Chocolat to Prickly Pear and Sandy Island. Believe it is about $95/person and includes lunch. Another option is a snorkel trip with Junior Fleming from Shoal Bay East. He is excellent and a great guy.

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: restuarnts by CJ

P.S. No restaurants at Little Bay but you can eat at Da Vida Beachside Café when you come back.