We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

Looking to visit Anguilla for the first time July 2014 with my husband, myself and three adult kids 20, 23 & 24. We are looking for a 3br on a beautiful CALM clear beach, within walking distance to restaurants/bars. Must be reasonable in regards to price. We were thinking of Anacaona or Turtle's Nest. How far is Anacaona from the beach? Which has the better beach (clear calm waters, no seaweed/shells/rocks) How do units compare? Which has better vibe/feeling overall? We are open to options as far as where to stay. Thank you

Greenville
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

We stayed in that unit in June and loved it. The views were beautiful. Our girls loved the pool and used it daily. There is daily maid service every day except Sunday. Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions about the unit.

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

How "quiet" will Anguilla be in July? Will the beach/resort/restaurants be deserted? I don't want to packed like a sardine, but do like some human contact. Will we be isolated and alone if we stay at TN?

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

We have stayed at TN six times now. The three bedroom condos are on the East side of building 2 on the first thru fourth floors. You also have access to the roof where there is shade and seating for great 360 degree views. No elevators in the buildings but if Darryl and Scoobie are there they can help with luggage, The beachfront pool is large and very nice. The other pool is a private plunge pool which is part of condo 1-AW-1 which is a two bedroom. For what you get at TN we feel it is the beat bang for the buck on AXA At Frangipani the three bedroom condos are 3ABC on the first floor and 6 ABC on the second.

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

P.S.--The second and third bedrooms have small balconies with a good view to the east. There is also large balcony off the living room with good views straight ahead and to the east. No beach views from Anacaona and about a five min walk to the beach. Their beach chairs are right next to Viceroys so a few more people and maybe a little more noisy down that end of the beach. Since TN is right in the middle of Meads easy walk to Straw Hat, Ocean Echo, Blanchards and Jacala for meals

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

Thank you... How deserted is the resort in the summer?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

Hi there, we just got back from a month long stay @ Wonderful Turtle Nest this was our 3rd time there in Phase 2 -1 bdrm. 4th fl. ! all comments are right on, as far as how deserted it wld B in summer, well we left July 8th & up to that point was quite busy, many weddings goin on , but the bch. front is quite expansive & never seemed to B too busy :) actually all of Meads was busy @ that time, but from viewing the webcam located @ Viceroy things seem to have quieted down. The "Nest" meets all our needs & than some, the staff is Awesome :) i'm putting some picture togeather & will post when done. We also had the Pleasure of seeing our buddies Howie & lovely wife gretta, & got to meet Sherri J & her BeautifulFamily who were also stayin @ the "NEST" ! Big Hello to u all :)

Eatontown, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

Your family needs sound very similar to ours! We are taking all our kids (married daugher w/ husband & 4 yr old), 22 year old son and 20 year old daughter to Anguilla in less than 2 weeks! We needed a 3 bedroom unit and actually toured Anacaona's 3 BR, stand alone unit this past April on a previous trip. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the uniqueness of Anacaona's 3 BR unit. First of all, it's a stand alone unit, not part of the main house where the lobby, restaurant, bar and other rooms are located. The 3 BR is located in the middle of the resort's beautiful garden and as a result is closer to the beach than the main building. No more than a 2-3 minute walk. But what we really liked about this unit is how the bedrooms are situated. The three bedrooms all have their own private entrance off a main screened in porch area where the entrance to the kitchen and dining/family room also have its own entrance. The result is that if you are in a bedroom, you cannot hear any noise coming from the kitchen. We kind of liked that setup, especially since we'll have a 4 year old. All bedrooms have sturdy front entrance type doors with their own keys. Two bedrooms have king size beds and the third bedroom has two full size beds. All bathrooms are identical in each room. The kitchen/dining/family room area is surrounded by shutters that open to allow for sunlight and breezes. There is also a door off of the kitchen that leads to a spiral staircase up to the flat roof of the unit where chaise lounge chairs, tables and an umbrella are provided to allow for private sunbating and relaxing. One of the resorts two pools is located about 100 feet right in front of the unit. The unit itself is surrounded by part of the colorful garden, including hedges, palm trees, plants, etc that provides privacy and partially hides the unit. We loved the charm of this unit and after touring the layout of it in person, we decided to book it for our family as it seemed perfect! My wife and I have stayed at Acacaona two other times (see my previous reviews) and from our experience, Meads Bay beach is pretty much the same from Anacaona all the way down to Carimar, with Turtle's Nest right about in between. I'm talking about the surf and its conditions, at least the two times we stayed on Meads Bay. Turtle's Nest is another excellent option, slightly more expensive I believe. But the difference in both resorts couldn't be more stark. TN is definitely more modern with newer units and its buildings have that "condo" look to them. (My older brother and his wife are staying there and meeting up with us on our trip in a couple of weeks). Anacaona is a boutique resort (i.e. older buildings) but in our opinion, has more of a "Caribbean/Anguilla" look and atmosphere. I have photos of the Anacaona 3 BR unit I could share with you if you private message me. We took pics of each room, bathrooms as well as what the unit looks like from the outside as well as the rooftop. Will be happy to share with you if interested. Good luck!

NYC
Level Contributor
276 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

Just back from my first stay at Anacaona-cannot say enough about it! We stayed in a 2 bedroom-2 bathroom villa and it was perfect! Such a lovely and responsive staff. There were 2 weddings at Viceroy while we were there-but we never heard any music...or noise.

Have stayed at Turtles Nest twice and loved that too!!

Staying at either place you can walk to all the great eating establishments on Meads...

Also, no 'dip' in water this visit...easy to get in/out of water!

You can't go wrong w/either choice you make!

Enjoy!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

We have always gone to Anguilla in July. Frangipani, close to Turtles Nest, was nearly full but with only 19 rooms, it doesn't get a crowded feel. On some days, there were a few families at Turtle's Nest. There are always people walking down the beach from Viceroy to the Beach Shack! The restaurants all had plenty of people in them but not crowded! In our first years to the island, we'd sometimes be the only couple in a restaurant! AND sometimes even on a beach! That was a bit spooky the first year! The only place we'd ever felt the place was deserted was at CAP (almost every time we stayed there).

20. Re: Anacaona vs Turtle's Nest 3 BR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014