We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocks at Barnes Beach?

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rocks at Barnes Beach?

A review posted 7/28 stated that the beach at Viceroy on Barnes Bay has a lot of rocks and is not a wading or swimming beach. Is this true for the entire stretch of Barnes or is it only near the Half Shell and towards the eastern end in front of the beachfront villas?

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocks at Barnes Beach?

I just returned from two weeks on Barnes Bay, and part of it is quite rocky, but there are multiple sandy places to enter the water with ease. The beach changed very much just in the two weeks that I was there, with severe erosion on the far western end at the beginning being replaced with a lot of sand by the time we left. Please let me know if you have additional questions specific to Barnes, as I walked it most mornings or evenings.

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocks at Barnes Beach?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147238-i388-k4567…

This is the link to Emily's blog and with pictures of Barnes Bay.

Emily - I am so happy to hear the beach keeps improving at the far western end.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocks at Barnes Beach?

Barnes Bay has many spots where you can either swim or wade without having worry about the rocks. You will likely end up on the Meads Bay side though. Viceroy has most, if not all, their beach activities on that side...water sports, beach chairs, floating trampoline, boating, etc.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
792 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocks at Barnes Beach?

We felt snorkelling was best at Barnes....but overall beach better at Meads. Now if you have a car you should do CapJuluca, Cuisinart & Shoal bay. We also climbed the rope to Little Bay....very cool!

5. Re: Rocks at Barnes Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 06, 2012