We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

I have been noticing that sunset seem really early ..says on the weather channel around 6:30ish? Is this true? If it is what time is going to dinner to catch the sunsets? Any thoughts? Also for the first week of june do you think we would be fine without reservations at most restaurants?

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

Sunset is 7-730pm. Restaurants always appreciate advance reservations - it helps them prepare. Plus, June being a big wedding season, you could find some restaurants closed for private receptions. I found this out the hard way on my recent trip.

Enjoy!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,485 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

In the winter 6:15 is about the going time so it would make sense that the summer months would be an hour later.

Although you will likely find places to eat without reservations, like Mstvl said, it is a nicer thing to do because restaurants can better prepare. You can always cancel at the last minute.

If there is a special place you wish to dine, I wouldn't take the chance.

Places like Mangos, Straw Hat, Veya, Blanchards and TT can fill up.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

With Mangos...what time would be good for reservations? I heard its on the beach?? will you catch the sunset at 7? or not worth it and go later

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

Yes Mangos is right on the beach, and they open at 6:30pm. They just posted on the other Anguilla forum, so 7pm might be perfect, why don't you email them mangos@anguillanet.com.

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

Just found a website that calculates sunset and at no time of year (June/July) is sunset later than 6:52 pm on Anguilla. I remembered it as being around 6:45 pm last year, which just gave us time to snap photos, change clothes for dinner and arrive at any restaurant on the island by 7:30.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

I'm a sunrise/sunset/greenflash junkie and I rely on www.timeand date.com for the most accurate lists. It's easy to use and gives you the entire month at a glance.

I checked and the first week of June the sun sets between 6:45-6:48pm. I would make my reservations for 6:30pm. Be seated with my adult beverage and camera ready to go. Don't forget to look for the green flash!

AXA Beach Bum

7. Re: Dinner Reservations/Time/ Sunsets early?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, May 30, 2012