We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

California
14 posts
Save Topic
Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Are there any good inexpensive places to eat that are walking distance from the Viceroy? Also, is there a grocery store nearby the Viceroy?

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

I also think breakfasts at Malliouhana are wonderful.

Very serene, you are up on the cliff watching the colors come alive on Mead's as the sun gets higher in the sky.

US
Level Contributor
343 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

I would agree with Daffy and feather4u about the breakfast at the Malli.

As cheap as I like to eat, I usually splurge one time for breakfast with that relaxing view of Meads Bay. It doesn't get much better than sitting up there with a breeze while sipping some coffee and choking on the check.

Re: Viceroy breakfast. Again, I will go contra to popular opinion. I think it is vastly over-rated for what you pay I had heard it was "fantastic, unbelievable, lavish, and many other adjectives.....so, I had to see for myself.

I was really disappointed in what I saw for what they charge. Yes, a nice view, and the food was architecturally placed on the warming plates, but based on what everyone had said, I was expecting gilded ice sculptures spouting mango juice. I thought "I have eaten at least 50 breakfast buffets that looked better than that". But, far be it from me to be the sole judge. So, without saying anything, I took my wife a couple of days later for her to see the great buffet we had heard about.. When she saw it she said (without any prompting from me) "Huh"? what's the big deal everyone has been raving about"?

So.............I really don't know what to say. It's looks ok, and if you have an extra $30 bucks per person burning a hole in that waterproof container hanging around your neck, then.....by all means spend it! I think I would rather eat BF at Straw Hat, Malli or even the continental buffet at the Cuisinart. Bon appetit!

California
14 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

We are back from our trip. Had a great time. It turned out several of our meals were covered. They took us to Blanchards, the Dunes, and the Elvis Beach Bar. We actually got the buffett breakfast at the Viceroy included the days we stayed. It was a very nice breakfast but we would not have paid the $30 if we would have had to pay for it. On our own we ate at Picantes one night and Straw Hat another night. I enjoyed both of them. So many other places we wanted to try but didn't have time. Thanks to all for all the suggestions.

US
Level Contributor
343 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

Glad you got some good eats. Sounds like they took care of you. Glad to know you had a great trip.

45. Re: Good cheap eats near Viceroy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, October 11, 2012