We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Hotels

Atlanta, GA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Adult Hotels

We are planning our honeymoon and, while we love kids, we don't want them running around and screaming while we are trying to enjoy a relaxing vacation. Of these three hotels, which one would be best:

Viceroy

Cap Jaluca

CuisinArt

Thanks for any help in advance.

Florida
Level Contributor
137 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Hotels

Rent a Villa on Anguilla or St. Barts

Dine out at the fine restaurants, have a chef cater your private dinners at home and fix each other wonderful breakfasts from Gerards or Le Bon Pain

No problem with kids at least until you get home and have your first baby.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,868 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Hotels

To answer the question you asked:

Cap Juluca is known as the romantic Honeymoon paradise.

Cuisinart is a stunning resort which caters kindly to families with children.

Viceroy is the new and sexy "Hollywood" resort.

Does this help you to choose which one sounds most like you?

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Hotels

Definitely CJ over the other two mentioned. Also, I was surprised how many families with kids were at Malli when we were there in August.

AXA Beach Bum

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,055 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Hotels

Cap Juluca.

When we were at Viceroy - 3 little kids came up to our table at dinner - oldest was about 7 - she said "there's 3 of us and we are a handful". I was not amused. I told the waitress "lose the kids" - right then their parents came up and the mother gave me a horrified look - like I was the one out of line. The father said "we were just leaving".

Ellen

Philadelphia
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult Hotels

Cap Juluca, that makes four in a row.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult Hotels

I can speak to Viceroy. I stayed there in June and Nov. There is an adult only pool. I have never seen unruly children at the property. Each day I dine for breakfast and am at the Sunset Bar often and the adult only pool. I have never dined at night at Coba. I suppose as Ellen experienced anything is possible.

Living on an island where under disciplined children is common I understand. I tend to agree that renting a villa may be more suitable.

Edited: 8:31 am, December 22, 2010
New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult Hotels

I agree Cap Juluca. I also would like to ask what time of the year will you be going. We have stayed at Cj many times and have never had tons of kids. It has a nice mix and lots of honeymooners. Cuisinart has the most children of the three. Viceroy is a new large additon so time will tell.

Ellen I loved your story---

Edited: 8:53 am, December 22, 2010
Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult Hotels

Cap J would be my vote.

Ellen...what a night. I would be the same!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult Hotels

The Cap! Its the most romantic hotel by far and kids have never been a problem for me. Viceroy is really nice but only because its new and fancy. They have a small portion of the beach whereas Cap has one of the best beaches in the Caribbean. If you have the money and want to splurge Villa rental is they way to go with private chef, its truly a dream. Congrats and Enjoy

USA
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult Hotels

I agree with the villa and catering recommendations if you desire to have complete privacy. No guarantee that any resorts on Anguilla will be child-free (for now anyway). Few people enjoy screaming kids and the marco polo routine, even those with young children.

We stayed at Cap Juluca for many years and if there were kids there, did not even notice :) Also stayed once at Cuisinart and Mallihouana respectively but would choose Cap first if we are to return again. Never any issues about unruly children at those resorts, just enjoyed Maunday's Bay most.

A suggestion: if an outspoken or precocious child approaches you at any time, just tell him/her to be on best behavior and mind their parents. On the other hand, you might encounter a group of over-drinking, raucous, cursing adults, it happens too.