We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

GUELPH
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

I am wondering if anyone can tell me about Hurricane Earl's impact on Anguilla, its restaurants & the Cap Juluca beach. Thanks

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

Go to page two and three and you'll find all kinds of Earl Info.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

The following is a link to the largest newspaper published on Anguilla. This newspaper article reported NO substantive damage anywhere on the island.

To my knowledge no one on this Anguilla Forum has posted any information regarding any meaningful beach or property damage at Cap Juluca.

You may also want to read the Hurricane Earl thread that was originally posted by "crossneck" on these Forum pages. Zabar

www.anguillian.com/article/articleview/8757/

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
GUELPH
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

Thanks so very much for your prompt reply and help.

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

Damage in Anguilla was mostly limited to vegetation and signage knocked down. Anybody visiting the island today would see no obvious signs that a catagory 3 hurricane had recently passed by.

Other than that, there was just the usual inconveniences. I had electricity and cable back by the next afternoon, probably because the Governor lives just a few doors down from me. Others had to wait nearly a week depending on where they were located on the power grid. The new school year was also postponed by a week.

As for restaurants, very little damage was reported. Viceroy's Coba had some minor issues and a few beachside restaurants had ocean surge come through their dining rooms and leave behind a couple of inches of sand. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a shovel and a broom.

Maundays Bay where Cap Juluca sits had quite a bit of erosion on the west end while the east end appeared to get even wider. However, a tremendous amount of sand has returned already to the west end naturally. Today and through Saturday there are big pounding waves rolling on the beaches of Anguilla caused by Hurricane Igor. With luck, these waves will push significantly more sand up on the beaches over the next few days.

In any event, I can safely say that it is now life as usual here in Anguilla.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
GUELPH
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

Thank-you so much for your informative reply-very helpful.

6. Re: Hurrican Earl Anguilla Cap Juluca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 16, 2011