We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

Westampton, New...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

Never been to AXA but have big trip coming up. Fell in love with CJ due to TA forum and web site. The travel agent is advising cuisinart saying Cap has fallen down after new owners have taken over. He now sends everyone to cuisinart.

I have seen renovation info here on Cap and wanted to know-- is it True?? Everyone is still raving about CJ-- could the travel agent have it wrong or outdated info (pre 2008)???

feedback appriciated thanks!

Anguilla
Level Contributor
920 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

You seem to be wondering if your travel agent is correct, and that dozens of posters on this forum who say they loved Cap Juluca are lying. Like most conspiracy theories in other disciplines, it doesn't really seem very likely, does it?

Islander

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

I wonder if your TA has stayed at Cap recently because the remark is a downright silly one.

CJ is in need of some upgrading in their accommodations perhaps but PLEASE! It is arguably one of the most romantic and beautiful spots in all of AXA. It exudes a Caribbean flavor much more than Cuisinart does.

Cuisinart is a fine property in its own right, but it just lacks the charm of CJ.

Hundreds of ratings and reviews cannot be wrong.

How often have you seen the name Cuisinart in the top rated resorts category?

Edited: 8:21 am, July 20, 2010
NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

Cap Juluca and Cuisinart are two beautiful resorts. Cuisinart is more open while Cap Juluca offers more of a romantic ( as Pepper said ) more secluded type of beach. Sometimes travel agents have certain perks or attractions to resorts and therefore they push those. I would never dismiss anyplace that gets overwhelming reviews on a consistent basis. As far as the limited negative reviews , you have to take those with a grain of salt, as you can never please everyone. When I discuss Anguilla with friends some of them tell me Atlantis is the be all, end all, and I wouldn't go there if it was free. It doesn't mean it isn't nice, it just isn't my particular taste in a caribbean vacation. Read about both resorts and decide based upon what it is that you want when you go to Anguilla.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
365 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

Just to second what Scott wrote - both are great choices. I haven't been in the Cap accommodations recently, but I can tell you the new lobby is gorgeous. Maunday's Bay (Cap's beach) is relatively tranquil. Rendezvous Bay (Cuisinart) can be breezy at times, but you have a nice view of St. Martin, and it's one of favorite "walking" beaches.

Westampton, New...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

Thanks for the replies. Everything I have seen and read pushes me to CJ for an anniversary trip which is meant to be romantic and relaxed w/o the kids. Sometimes you have to trust your gut rather than an agent pushing his hotel. Cuis does look great, but CJ has what we want.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

If I had to choose it would be CJ all the way - better beach, less children, better restaurants.

A Caribbean classic.

Ellen

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

ahh-the travel agent delemia! Cusinart is a lovely hotel, but go with

CJ---its a wonderful experience. Go with you gut. Great advice from

the above posters. Scott--Alantis the be all---LOL, I won't stay there

for free either--not my taste, maybe the One and Only Ocean Club!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

Has your agent been to AXA in the past year? Sometimes agents who do a certain volume get commission overrides..I am not saying he/she is but....

I am an agent and have been to AXA 4 times since 88 and have 2 more trips this year. I rely on the folks here to guide me OFTEN and honestly whilst it is completely subjective, this forum is very close to as objective as I have found..the reason is AXA is a very select destination for a discerning unique clientele..we all see things in the same light pretty much.

For me I loved CJ's beach. I did not inspect rooms. I love Cuisi for drinks and the hydroponic garden is a cool concept...good luck deciding...(I did not inspect rooms at Cuisi either)...

Edited: 9:46 am, July 20, 2010
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

oops..since 2008 I have had 4 trips..

Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cap vs Cuis. -- travel agaent vs. trip advisor

I am a travel agent, and have been to Anguilla 4 times in the last 5 years. I stayed at Cuisinart my first trip, and liked, but did not love it. As many have commented, the beach there can be very windy. Rooms were very nice, but I just didn't get a warm feeling there. On my last trip (April) I did a room inspection at Cap Juluca, and I'd have no problem staying there! To me the atmosphere is far superior to Cuisinart, and the beach at Cap is sublime.