We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival Day 1

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival Day 1

I left Cape Cod at 4:15 and caught the 7:05 Jet Blue to JFK. I had a row to myself and slept the entire 45 min. flight. When I got to the Jet Blue terminal I went online to work an hour in comfy seats with free wifi. Loving this airline already. They have cool stores and a cool food court as well. Our 10:10 flight left at 10:50 due to some issue with computer. I paid extra to have more leg room and sat in room 1 F. I watched 1 hour of World Cup until we lost the signal then I slept. The cabin was very comfy and the free snacks and drinks were nice. Upon arrival into SXM three jets were in: Delta, Air France and AA. All the lines were long. I was in the resident line as I have a Sedula/ID as a resident of the Netherland Antilles. Our line was the shortest. It took 25 min. to clear the line. My luggage was waiting on the carousel. Link Ferry held up my name on a sign and whisked me to the ferry terminal. I waited an hour for the ferry to depart. As always the crew is wonderful. The ride was fast and very wavy but fun. I had filled out my immigration forms in SXM so went right thru. My car was waiting from Ronnie Bryan as I prearranged the rental. I checked into Viceroy at 4:30. The staff are incredible. I was given a cool fragrant cloth to refresh and Nigel gave me a lovely lemony beverage. I was given an orientation and off to my corner oceanfront second floor studio suite. I am in awe. The plunge pool faces the sea. The furnishings are creative and modern..the hues are incredible. The art is beyond words. There is Le Cube Expresso maker, state of the art electronics and well, I may never leave simply because of the bath tub...

It's pouring cats and dogs and the thunder is incredible. I have dinner plans with my friend at 7:30 at Sandbar. Hope it clear.

Cheers

Edited: 5:26 pm, June 25, 2010
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Arrival Day 1

I don't mind grey skies so long as I can swim..and swim and stand up paddle board I did after lunch at Jacala. I went up to Crocus Hill to see the development and then lunch with my friend. It was a great spot and Jacques was a delight. I went to the VIceroy Club to swim. It was lovely despite sand fleas nipping all day..lack of any wind I suppose. I had a stand up paddle and got a wee bit of exercise. World Cup is playing in the Sunset Lounge. What a fun spot. Regretfully the sweet bartender does not know how to make a few drinks (lime squash pretty popular on AXA and the British Islands and a Ti Punch). She said she is not a real bartender. Curious but true. Speaking more to the staff here, they are all incredible. True professionals, very helpful and very kind. I am feeling quite pampered. I have spent much time exploring the knooks and crannies with all the lovely art work. What a place..

Edited: 4:59 pm, June 26, 2010
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arrival Day 1

Can you tell me a bit more about how you get to the beaches and how the beaches are at Viceroy? I am still not convinced - I love the CJ beach so much!

Thanks Gigi

N.J.
Level Contributor
438 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Arrival Day 1

Gigi, having gone for a tour of Viceroy on our last trip the interior alone makes it tempting to stay there but like you we love Maunday's bay it being just a few feet from our villa. Have you thought of splitting a trip between CJ and Viceroy?

I would entertain that idea this way you get the best of both! I don't think we'll be going this year, we are taking the family to The Cayman Islands the beginning of November which is when we usually go to Anguilla.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Arrival Day 1

Hi Lori,

We are only going for 5 nights - hate to split up that short a trip. Hear the Caymans are nice too- will try there with our daughter.

xxx Gigi

15. Re: Arrival Day 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 29, 2010