We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation of must eat and do list.

Which West End Village hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation of must eat and do list.

We are leaving early tomorrow morning for 5night. Would appreciate any advice of the “must places” to eat, see and do. We will be eating out side of our hotel 4 nights, as one of our dinners is included in the price of our hotel. So if you had four restaurants to go to for dinner and four for lunch what would they be? We plan on snorkeling while there; who should we go with? Where to go by ourselvesfor snorkling? Or any other advice for us would be appreciated.

If you could condense everything and make a list from above, what would it be?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

We haven't been to Anguilla in a few years, but will be returning this fall. We appreciate fine dining, but actually really enjoy getting the BBQ platters at the roadside BBQ near Malli/Meads Bay. I think it may be B&D's BBQ and they only have it 2-3 nights a week.

Port St. Mary...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

"Must Do" for some are "Avoid" for others but based on our recent trip here is my "Must Do" (in random order)

Lunches:

Trattoria Tramonto (closed Monday), recommend reservations to avoid disappointment.

Ferryboat Inn

Straw Hat

DaVida

Trattoria Tramonto

Dinners:

Mangos

Straw Hat

Roy's Bayside Grill

Picante

DaVida

Pimms

Wishing you Safe Travels and a great vacation.

Edited: 9:12 am, January 16, 2010
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,486 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

Instead of giving you my personal list of faves(it's way too subjective and I don't know your personal tastes), I will say that from OT's list above I too have chosen Straw Hat, TT, and da Vida for lunches.

From her dinner list, I have chosen Mangos.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

Be sure to rent a car and drive around, half the fun is exploring the island.

Lunches

Ferryboat Inn

Smokeys

Kuyah

Luna Rosa

Dinner

Mangos

Barrel Stay

Straw Hat

Trattoria Tramonto

E's Ovem/Tastys

Have a great trip.

Ellen

USA
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

Thanks for the recommendations for the restaurants. Looking forward to trying them. We have made arrangements to rent a jeep with removable top. Not sure if the removable top is the way to go… I was wondering also if the electrical outlets are the same as in the US?

Thanks for all your help. Can’t wait to see Sunshine...

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

I agree with previous posters about Straw Hat; it's a perfect combination of beautiful beachfront setting, great food and drinks and Peter Parles is a gracious host. Excellent point Pepper that a "Must Do" list is based on things we don't know about Plya......If you do a search on restaurants and dining on this forum and spend some time reading previous threads, you'll get a lot of invaluable information. I would suggest going to Smokey's on a night they have live music. Their food is tasty but their setting is gorgeous and you should have food and live music at least once during a visit to the island for lunch or dinner.

The best shore snorkeling would be from Upper Shoal Bay and Shoal Bay East. Read the snorkeling thread on top questions, it's chockful of advice from seasoned visitors to AXA. IMHOeven a short stay should include some time out on the water, boats and islands go together. You can get Junior Fleming on SBE to take you to Little Bay via his glass bottom boat. Or, Chocolat can take you on his excursion to Prickly Pear and Little Bay which included lunch on PP and rum punch aboard ship. Search their names and you'll find their contact information in a previous thread.

Bottom line, you won't have enough time to do revel in all that AXA has to offer, hence the reason you'll be back. ;~>

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

combining lunch out with a new/different beach to swim and hang out is a good option. So with that in mind.

Lunches:

Trattoria Tramanto

Gwens (good snorkeling from here)

and there are two newish places I haven't eaten at but look interesting and are on beaches it would be nice to see.

DaVida (here you could also go early ask around for Calvin and have him take you to Little Bay for snorkling - he'll come pick you up after a couple of hours and you can than eat at DaVida or at their beach bar Lloyds)

Jacala - on Meads Bay beach

and Straw Hat is a good lunch spot as well as Dinner.

Dinners

Straw Hat

Mangos

Picante

Tastys or E's Oven for some more local dishes

One night at B&D's or another of the local BBQ spots (often only operating on weekends)

I've left wonderful places out but another trip is just going to have to be planned for you.

Edited: 11:45 am, January 16, 2010
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

Lunches: Smokeys, Tratatoria Tramonto , Blue at Cap Juluca ( just for the view and lobster )

Dinners, Veya, Straw Hat, Pimms, Da Vida!

Just my short list - have a great trip!

x Gigi

USA
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

Thanks for the help; everything sounds great. I'll be taking my list with me. From what I've read on this forum everyone seems to go back. We are so looking forward to this trip.

10. Re: Recommendation of must eat and do list.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 16, 2010