We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singles at Caribe?

Which Cabrera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
427 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Singles at Caribe?

I notice most of the prices mention that all prices are based on double occupancy. Is this because singles aren't allowed or simply not advertised? Also, I was looking to book for this winter and couldn't find any availability. What vacation companies head here? Lastly, I notice that it appears to be a Lifestyle resort. Is it more like Hedonism where it is largely a nudist resort (on the nude side) and caters toward the lifestylers or is one where simply being nude is going to seem out of place?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singles at Caribe?

Most of the hotels will have a single supplement but you probably will have to contact them directly.

Lifestyles is in PP and IS NOT a nudist hotel. In fact there is only one nudist resort in the DR. Sorry don't know the name. Other wise the best you will get is some topless sunbathers on the beaches but not around the pools.

BObK

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,208 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singles at Caribe?

Caliente Clubs & Resorts is a Florida based outfit with properties in Tampa and Abreu. You should be able to contact them and book through their website

http://www.calienteresorts.com/about/

Silvia

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
427 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singles at Caribe?

@B0bK You're misunderstanding what I meant. Lifestyle resorts are ones like Hedonism in Jamaica and Caribe. I was unaware there was one actually called that in PP.

But I will have to contact Caribe and see.

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singles at Caribe?

Hi,

We go to Caribe at least once a year and if you go you should love it!

There are groups that go and do a "take over" at times and some of them are into different lifestyles. The resort can tell you when these groups are booked. We have been when the were no groups like that and when there were and we were not offended by anything.

Just going to be nude is great and we have met several single men there. I ahve even gone over twice and will go again in February with my best friend as it the most comfortable place where I feel 2 women can be nude.

Here is the contact person you can talk to, if you haven't already booked.

She goes by "Rosie":

Naturally,

Rosanne Telesco

Reservations Manager

US Representative

Group Sales

toll Free:866-333-6229

Toll:813.594.3080

Tampa office- 813-996-3700 ext273/220

Emergency Cell:813.997-

Irvington, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singles at Caribe?

This was very good information. I am looking into doing something for my boyfriend's birthday and wanted to check this out. Have you ever gone and there were people of color there? We would love to go possibly sometime in August or end of July. Any thoughts around that time of year, if it's over crowded, over booked?

Thanks again for the information.

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singles at Caribe?

Yes, we have been several times and there have been people of color; Dominican couples and African American couples.... Not to worry!

Never been in the Summer months as we think it might be too hot and if the wind dies down, the bugs could emerge!

Anything else, just ask!

7. Re: Singles at Caribe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cabrera
More Cabrera Topics