We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago Airport to Cabrera directions

Boston...
3 posts
Save Topic
Santiago Airport to Cabrera directions

Could anyone please help me with driving directions? I am traveling into the Santiago Airport and will be going to Cabrera. Last year I arrived in Puerto Plata and am familiar with the drive on route 5 from that airport. I would love it if someone could let me know the best (safest and easiest) way from the Santiago Airport. Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic
Cabrera, Dominican...
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiago Airport to Cabrera directions

If you are looking for "safest and easiest", then you want to go through Santiago heading toward Puerto Plata and keep going until you hit Cabrera. Once you get to the outskirts of Santiago it is pretty much a straight shot. The FASTEST way, though, takes you through the mountains, passing through Licey, Moca, Jamao al Norte, and down to Sabaneta de Yasica, where you'll head EAST once the road dead ends, and you head to Cabrera. This is a winding, sometimes very narrow road, and can be a little dangerous. It takes about 2 hours from the airport if you go this route, and about 2:45 if you go through Puerto Plata. I hope this helps.

Edited: 12:17 am, March 28, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Puerto Plata
Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic
2. Re: Santiago Airport to Cabrera directions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cabrera
More Cabrera Topics