We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery

Hoping to be spending a day in Masham this Saturday (May Day Bank Holiday). We are bringing a couple of our southern friends. Which Brewery would you suggest we take them to, as we are planning on doing the tour. Any advice would be grateful.

4 replies to this topic
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery

I'd say the Black Sheep brewery. However if you are planning a meal out then I wouldn't go to the Black Sheep bistro for this as we've been very unimpressed with it.

Vennells in Masham does good food.

Apologies if you know the area - if you don't then I would also recommend a visit to Jervaulx Abbey which is just a few mins drive from Masham. Beautiful ruined abbey, free to get in, and a good teashop across the road.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery

Thank you Morgana for your reply. I am not familiar with the area so your post has been very helpful.

Sue

Essex
Level Contributor
27,991 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery

Probably too late now for you, but for tours of Black Sheep Brewery it is best to book ahead, otherwise you may have a very very very long wait, or worse still, be disappointed by no tour at all!

Hope things worked out well for you, though, sue1058, perhaps this belated post will help others who find this thread.

Masham
Level Contributor
13 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery

Too late for the original Sue 1958 but maybe helpful to others reading this thread.

I live in Masham and have a B&B. Our guests usually go on both tours Black Sheep and Theakston's and feedback has been great for both breweries. Masham has loads of pubs and restuaunts if the Black Sheep Bistro is not for you.

We love it ourselves and our B&B guests give really good feedback so maybe Morgana was just unlucky.

Reply to: Black Sheep or Theakstones Brewery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Masham
Recent Conversations