We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mainlancd to Ciovo by car

Which Ciovo Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Mainlancd to Ciovo by car

Hi All

I apprecite that this subject has already been covered but I'm keen to understand a bit more the traffic situation in getting to Ciovo through Trogir.

I have a hire car and will be arriving late afternoon/evening in Trogir (late July), staying for two nights and then leaving early for Split. I have initially booked accomodation just across the bridge on the Ciovo side but now a little concerned about traffic comments.

Would really appreciate anyones experience on whether there are good times in July to make the drive (does it clear up after a certain time or before a certain time in the morning for example?). Otherwise I think it may be a case of booking on the mainland side or parking up and getting a boat (as has been suggested).

All help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mainlancd to Ciovo by car

If you are just on the Ciovo side then you won't experience the traffic in the same way or for the same length of time. If you use the car very early or wait until late afternoon/evening you are OK. I assume you were planning on using the car to do things in the 2 days you are in Trogir?

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mainlancd to Ciovo by car

Thanks for your help Jude, we will essentially only have one full day with the car (travelling down from full day in Zadar/Krk before and on to Split after) and a portion of that day will no doubt be spent on foot on the old town island. I thought it would be nice to have the flexibility to explore Ciovo by car if we chose to but its not a must.

3. Re: Mainlancd to Ciovo by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, today
Get answers to your questions about Ciovo Island
More Ciovo Island Topics