We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Which Rakovica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Hi, we're travelling to Croatia in May and will be getting the bus to Plitvice National Park from Zagreb so we need a hotel close to the the bus stop but also close to the park. The Plitvice Hotel is booked out for the night we need it, the Sedra seems to be close to the bus stop but 10km from the park...I'm confused as I can't figure out the setting. Anyone out there that can shed some light on the best way to do this without a car? Much appreciated.

10 replies to this topic
Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

That would be Jezero hotel, check contact details at np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/hr/…29.html

They're working on their foreign language pages.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Chek private acommodation near plitvice,there are many close to entrance 1 bus station

Umina Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

To J Cherry,

I have stayed there before and will be returning July this year. A great area to stay is Jereza. It has a bus stop at the bottom of the village on the main highway and you can walk to many B&Bs there is a Pizza Restaurant and a little village on the walk to the Lakes.

One place is Knezevic Guest House which has a web site and email which is often full and does not work however they finally replied to me after 2 weeks today guest_house @vodatel.net. I loved staying in this property

.Mirjana Cuic [mirarade.cuic@hotmail.com] also has a good property and she is in the same area,

also House Mirjana, Smoljanac near the Gates and Hotel.

There are so many to choose from and I am sure you will find something to your liking.

Dianne

Australia

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Hi Dianne, I'll also be travelling there from Australia, can't wait. Its must be pretty good if you're going back again. I have booked the Jereza Hotel (can cancel it) but would prefer something smaller, a B&B or similar but I'm having trouble finding how far they are from the lakes. My travelling friend picked one but it was 6km from the entrance, I don't fancy an extra 12km for the day just to get to and from! I've just looked up Knezevic Guest House and it looks perfect for what we're after and only 15 min walk to the lakes, thanks for the recommendation. Is it far from the bus stop and when getting the bus from Zagreb, do I need to get any particular bus (sorry for all the questions) to get to that particular bus stop?

Cheers

Cherry

Umina Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Hi Cherry,

The B&B is only about 5 minutes walk from the bus stop. I came from Zagreb and went back 3 days later with no trouble. Ask the driver to put you off at the village of Jereza, cant remember but I think it's one stop after the main gates. The B&B will give you the info.

The walk from the B&B to the park is lovely. You pass through a tiny village and then onto the pathway through a forest.

Across from the B&B is a small restaurant and the B&B also has dinner is required. The B&B sell local beer and there is a nice coved deck to sit on and have a cool one.

The Lakes are sensational and I am taking friends there before heading down the coast.

Enjoy,

Dianne

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

i like this productive conversation, but I presume the name is JEZERA, not jereza. Jezera in Croatian means Lakes, by the way...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Oops, I'm sure we'd have still ended up in the right place, but thanks for the heads up though! And thanks to everyone for the information you gave. I have made a booking at the Jezera Hotel but would prefer a B&B and hopefully will hear back from them, thanks to Dianne for giving me the names of some.

I'm very excited about my trip to Croatia!

Cheers everyone

Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Hello Diane,

I am traveling with 3 other gals to Plitvice Lakes from Zagreb Airport.

Please advise:

1) Where do we take bus connection? from airport? We arrive at 1115am

2) Should we spend half a day in Zagreb and head from there to the Lakes?

3) If we go from the city of zagreb the next day, where should we take the bus?

4) Should we spend a night at Lake Plitvices Lakes before heading to Zadar?

Thanks for your help. It's our first time to Croatia.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

Hi we are travelling for the first time to Croatia and we are ending up for 4 nights at the Degenija Hotel close to Plitvice lakes but I cannot find out if there is any form of transport from the hotel to the lakes, as we are not young and cannot go hiking any more I really need to know how far away it is, please can someone help me I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you Jane

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop

If you go to the hotel website http://www.hotel-degenija.com/ they state the following "TRANSFER

We offer transfer services from all airports and destinations in the region in the Plitvice Lakes National Park and vice versa.

Send us request"

Reply to: Hotels in Plitvice Lakes close to park and bus stop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rakovica