We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Topic
Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Hi Everyone!

We have a user with an unanswered question about travelling from Amoudara to Aquaworld Aquarium in our Russian - language forum:

tripadvisor.ru/ShowTopic-g670533-i16719-k683…

If you have any advice to offer, could you please post your reply, in Russian, in that forum topic? Also, if you feel like answering but do not speak the language you are welcomed to do so using Google translate.

Thank you very much,

Magdalena

P.S. You may be prompted to sign in when clicking that link. You do not need to create a new account - just sign in with the same email and password you use for your current TripAdvisor account.

Mentioned in this post
Amoudara
Amoudara
Crete, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,796 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Hi Magdalena, I don't speak Russian and don't trust the translate sites, but if you can relay this message:

there are at least 2 Amoudara's in Crete, about 50 miles apart. One is a beach suburb in Heraklion, the other is near Agios Nikolaos. So directions are obviously different.

What might help is that Aquaworld is about 2 minutes walk from bus stop 20, in the centre of Hersonissos. All Heraklion-Malia buses stop there, and I think almost all Agios Nikolaos-Heraklion as well.

From the bus stop, find the entrance to the large Chalkiadakis Spar supermarket, and Aquaworld is about 100m up the side road from the entrance.

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Agios Nikolaos
Agios Nikolaos
Crete, Greece
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Dear steve_p53,

Thank you for claryfying this, the user meant the Heraklion one.

I will pass you info to him in Russian.

Thank you very much fro your helpful advice and directions!

All the best,

Magdalena

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Hi Magdalena,

I don't speak Russian either, but if I log in and answer, in english, will he/she be able to use google translate to read my post?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Dear gerlion,

I have used steve_p53's answer and the user was happy with it, however, if you want to add more info you can write it in English on this thread and I will translate it, otherwise we try to keep the Russian forum in Russian, so it's easy for other users (although many of them are bilingual).

Thank you very much for your good will, it's so nice because many answers are really difficult to find!!!

Magdalena

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Hi again Magdalena,

I didn't want to add anything, Steeve's answer was very accurate.

I have seen similar posts from non English forums by TA staff, asking for help. I just wanted to know if ,(if I know an answer), I answer in English in the non English forum, the one who asks gets the answer by google translation or not.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
6. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

Oh sorry, now I understand, unfortunately the answer should come in the language of the non English forum, so in this case, the answer would have to be in Russian, as it does not get translated automatically and if you write it in English, it will remain there in English and because of that will have to be deleted. However, what other users do - they themselves translate the answer by Google translate and only then post it on the non English forum.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask,

Thank you, Magdalena

7. Re: Russian (and non-Russian) speakers, can you help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, January 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Amoudara