We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Which Amoudara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

I've decided to try the bus from HER to Amoudara this year as the taxi fares seem to be ever increasing. I've always arrived in the early hours before and have never managed to find the bus stop. Could anyone describe in detail where it is and also where you buy the tickets from? I understand you don't buy them on board.

Amoudara, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Hi BeachGod,

I just happened to be at the airport today, so I got all the information.

The bus-stop can be found at the entrance of the airport-area, where the crossroad is (...with the traffic lights). Coming out of the Arrivals’ Gate, you must cross the car-park. As you exit the airport area through the main-entrance, the kiosk can be found on your right hand side, right next to the busses and you can buy the tickets there.

The first bus starts at 06:15 and the last bus leaves at 23:00. The bus number is 6 (HER to Amoudara) or 1 (Amoudara to HER).

The ticket costs 1.10 Euro until Candia Maris Hotel (the first big hotel in Amoudara, east side of the coast) or 1.50 Euro until Akti Zeus Hotel (last big hotel in Amoudara, west side of the coast).

Hope this was useful,

K

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Thanks, how often are the number 6 buses?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Not much help, but this thread from 2009 gives a few clues. Unfortunately the link in post 2 doesn't work any more.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189417-i681-k30…

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Hi there

The bus company don't seem to publish timetables for the routes out to the suburbs from the airport or main bus station, I've checked every timetable I have and I can find nothing. Most services start around 0530-0600 but of course, I appreciate you need an exact time. What time will you arrive at the airport?

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

We land at 13:45 so there should be buses about. thanks for your help.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Hi again

That's fine, as you say, there ill be buses at that time for sure.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Hello

Did anyone find out how often they run??

I will arrive at about 21:30

thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Hi Andrew

I still can't find anything regarding frequency of this service but it does serve some pretty busy beach suburbs with many large hotels so I would expect there to be a bus at least every half hour. There should be a timetable on the bus stop at the airport.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

Thanks for reply. Is andrea papandreou the main road there and the bus route??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Number 6 Bus from Heraklion Airport to Amoudara

There is a small shelter on the outside of the airport adjacent to the road which goes around the front of the airport - you can buy a ticket there. If you come out of the airport fairly centrally it should be ahead of you, if you go to the taxi rank it will be on the left a short walk down the road. The bus stops are near this area - to the left of the taxi (with your back to the airport building) and on the other side of the road (before all the car hire depots - which are on the other side of the road). It's actually easier when you get there than I can describe, but this is what I'm planning to do to, although we are arriving a little later in the day and I'm hoping that they are still running when we get out of the airport......good luck.

Get answers to your questions about Amoudara
More Amoudara Topics