We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Circuit

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
W Circuit

Hi there,

I will be doing the W Circuit at the end of February and plan to do this as a 3 night, 4 day hike. I want to camp and only carry my clothes with me.

I have been researching on Fanastico Sur, but I can only find standard price $420.

Despite doing lots of research I’m still a little unsure of some details which I hope you can help me with:

- Can I just book accommodation & food through them and arrange the rest of the logistics when I arrive in? (to make this cheaper for me)

- Which campsites do you recommend for a 3 night / 4 day hike?

Night 1:

Night 2:

Night 3:

Once I arrive in Puerto Natales (night before I trek)

- Do I need to register or confirm my reservations with any other company?

- Will my accommodation be able to book my return bus/ferry for the morning?

- Entrance fee, pay on arrival into the park?

Thank you in advance

Many thanks

Natalie

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,673 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W Circuit

Fantastico Sur has the prices for various different services on their website. You can get lodging, food and even a guide, through them or nothing at all. You choose. What you were looking at on the website were the FS programs, which you don't have to use. They are useful as a guide to where to stay each night and how long to allow for each trek. You have to be pretty fit to do the W in 4 days.

Your options for camping are, either taking your own gear, renting it in Puerto Natales, or renting it from the refugios. Since you are not going to carry food or cooking gear, then you could book your meals with them. You have no need to book more than your meals and camping spot/gear and some people chance it and don't even book that.

Fantastico Sur doesn't book buses. You have to arrange that when you arrive in Puerto Natales.

The entrance fee is paid when you enter the park and must be paid in Chilean pesos.

2. Re: W Circuit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2015