We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking "w"

tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking "w"

Was planning on starting "w"

1st night Torres Central

2nd nigh El Chilean but depending on availability change to Torre Central

my question is: when I looked on Fantastico Sur Refugios site it said El Chilean was a 2 hr trek from Torre Central how will this change hiking if you have a 2 hr trek back to Torre Central? There is no availabilty at El Chilean for the one night but camping is available. Suggestions?

3rd nght Refugio Los Cuernos

4th Lodge Paine Grande

Thank you

Missouri
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking "w"

The hike down to Central from Chileno wasn't too bad but it depends on your own endurance since you will be hiking up to Mirada Torres.

I don't mean this to be funny but camping at Chileno might not be good if you have a sensitive nose. My friend & I went pass the camp ground & I think with the horses they keep there - the smell just really permeated.

san francisco
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking "w"

Chileno is defn a bit smelly and when i was there a couple of weeks ago it was also party central -- so it was loud and noisy all night! That being said, i camped in a tent with ear plugs and it was fine. I would think you'd prefer to stay up at Chileno then going back and forth from Torres.

3. Re: Hiking "w"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2015