We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

hello!

i am looking to go with my sister in Torres del Paine in January probably, to do a horse riding trek for 7-8 days, staying in estancia or hotel each night (no camping).

there are agencies doing this from France but i am pretty sure that they are much more expensive than if i book directly with a local agency, and take my plane tickets myself.

do you have reliable local agencies or directly the person who organizes this contact? because i read that only one person have the monopole for the horses, so maybe i can pass directly through this person if he can plan the whole thing. i will need a contact of someone or an agency who will be able to plan everything, from the horses, the english speaking guide, all meals, to the estancias, hotels, entrance tickets etc.

thank you!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

Have you looked at these?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g670171-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g670171-d1642…

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

thanks, 1st one is not working anymore (so i guess they have run down the business), 2nd is an estancia and i am more looking for a local agency to put through the whole thing, horse riding + stops in different places, entrance fee, meals etc. that would be reliable :)

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

The first owns the second and another estancia. So you can stay on an estancia and get your meals etc. and your rides. If you want a multi-day ride it will have to be outside the park itself. The Hotel Torres does the rides inside the park but only day rides. I don't know what they are offering you in France and where, but at this stage of the year you would be hard pressed to find any lodging inside the park for January aside from camping. A lot of what is advertised as rides in Torres del Paine does not actually refer to rides inside the park but in the vicinity. Note that the views are often better. But they are all expensive.

bagualesgroup.com/English/Horse_back_riding_…

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

thanks, yes indeed i am looking as i said for a 7-9 days trek, changing lodge/estancia etc

i know januar is busy but we'll give it a try ;)

here is an example of what we are offered in France, it seems it's inside the park at least some parts:

randocheval.com/Programmes/ch83_patagonie_es…

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

Those first two estancias are the ones in the last link I gave you. You could contact them directly and see what they offer. I think Blue Green Adventures also offers similar trips and they are a local company based in Puerto Natales. Most of your riding will be outside the park but, as I said, often wonderful views - especially around the Rio Serrano area.

The ride on your link looks good (you can check out the lodging they use here on TA) and divided by ten days comes out at 365 Euros per day including nearly everything. They will be using a local operator to run it.

This is only a 4 day trip and involves camping, but it will give you a chance to compare prices and itinerary a bit.

bluegreenadventures.com/Torres_del_paine_hor…

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

thank you!

7. Re: Horse riding trek for 7-9 day, any local agency contacts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 30, 2014