We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

We are planning a 5 night stay in September. I am 50 and my DH will be turning 70 - we are in good shape but are planning to only do 1/2 day, "Easy" excursions. Can you recommend which ones will enable us to see the most? Thanks in advance!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Not stayed there, but the Lago Grey cruise is pretty special.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Relax. One of the great things about Explora is the guides. Each night they give presentations about the next day's offerings. They will tell you individually what each excursion is like--distance, duration, difficulty, what you can expect to see. No great need to plan these out in advance. Also, consider horseback riding. I had not ridden since a I went a few times as a young kid, but had no trouble and great pleasure in a beginners' ride.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Relax. One of the great things about Explora is the guides. Each night they give presentations about the next day's offerings. They will tell you individually what each excursion is like--distance, duration, difficulty, what you can expect to see. No great need to plan these out in advance. Also, consider horseback riding. I had not ridden since a I went a few times as a young kid, but had no trouble and great pleasure in a beginners' ride.

California
Level Contributor
230 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Hi, My husband and I plan to be there next OCT. How do you plan to arrive at their pickup point? Are you flying from Santiago to ??? Anxious to read about your trip.

Thanks, Lencho

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Not sure whether you meant this for me or for PaminFlorida. We flew to Buenos Aires and from their to El Calafate, Argentina. We stayed a week in Calafate and El Chalten. We did some great hiking in Chalten and enjoyed Perito Moreno glacier from Calafate. We then took a public bus to Puerto Natales and from there headed to Torres del Paine, where we spent 4 nights at Explora. We understand that people flying in to Santiago usually then fly or otherwise make their way to Punta Areas or Puerto Natales, and from there make their way to Torres del Paine. Hope this answers your question

California
Level Contributor
230 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

Yes. Thanks for your response. Lencho

7. Re: Question for Those Who've Stayed at Hotel Salto Chico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 02, 2014