We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving luggage in the park?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Leaving luggage in the park?

Hi,

My friend and I will be traveling straight to Torres del Paine on January 5 from El Calafate. We will be staying in Puerto Natales that night. Does anyone know if there is a place that you can leave luggage in the park while touring? Is there an administration building that offers this service, or some of the hotels (even though I won't be staying at a hotel in the park.)

thank you so much to anyone who knows -- being able to leave luggage in the park will save us quite a bit of time not having to drop off at our Puerto Natales hotel.

Meghann

United States
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

I'm also really interested to know that...

I heard that it's not really safe to leave the luggage in a tent, in case you plan to

bring one. Can someone please comment about that?

Does anyone know if there is any option to leave the luggage in any of the Refugios (for a "keeping" fee), eventhough you don't a book a bed there?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

Hi, you can leave your luggage at refugio Las Torres Central. If you go from east to west, that will be your starting point. There's a CH$1000 fee per bag per day.

United States
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

Thanks! - these are good news.

Do you know if there is such a service in other refugios, like El Chileno, Paine Grande, etc.?

New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

Not sure about Chileno, since I didn't stay there. Paine Grande had 'boxes' where you can put your backpack, but you couldn't lock it, those are in the dorm rooms though.

I've put some info on my trip report:

tripadvisor.com/…46176221

new york city
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

Hi there,

My wife and I are planning that trek for December. Any advice/tips/info would be supremely helpful. Thanks, n

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

Its not exactly the same, but I had no problems leaving stuff in my tent while camping in Los Glaciares NP (El Chalten, Argentina). Mind you I didn't leave any valuables (passport, money, tickets, etc) behind while going off on short day trips. Initially I was a bit hesitant to leave the tent unlocked/unguarded, but I learnt that campers are there to enjoy the outdoors, not to take advantage of one another.

7. Re: Leaving luggage in the park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 27, 2014