We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torres del Paine with a 4 years old child

Which Torres del Paine National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sicilia
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Torres del Paine with a 4 years old child

Hi,

I would like to visit Torres del Paine during my travel in Argentina in November but I fear to waste 2/3 days because I fear I cannot see too much with a little child (he can walk for a maximum of 800/1.000m!).

Someone made this experience with children? Is it possible to visit the park using a car and make just short hikes? Is there some walking suitable for a stroller?

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english!

Puerto Montt
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Torres del Paine with a 4 years old child

None of the hikes are not designed for children but that should not be the end of it. Even from a car this is a pretty spectacular place. Do take care, none of the waterfalls have childproof barriers. Strollers will be pretty useless (unless it is 4x4!).

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,277 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torres del Paine with a 4 years old child

For me, aside from the difficulties of visiting TdP with a small child, the long trip by bus or car from the Argentine side of Patagonia to the Chilean side would be a major factor. The buses will go via Puerto Natales, which means another bus to the park. A rental car or transport by a tour company can take you directly to the park, but it is a long drive.

Sicilia
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torres del Paine with a 4 years old child

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, the long trip is a problem too. I though to take a bus from el calafate to puerto natales, to spend the first night there and then to move to TdP the next day, but in any case the trip isn't easy (I red about a long wait to across the border between Chile and Argentina).

Maybe it is better I delete this part of my travel and I spend more days in another place.

Did someone visit the Tierra del Fuego park in Ushuaia? Is it suitable for children. I would like to show to my son the beavers. Is it easy?

4. Re: Torres del Paine with a 4 years old child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 28, 2011