We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reservation camping torres del paine??

Which Torres del Paine National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
amsterdam
1 post
Save Topic
reservation camping torres del paine??

My boyfriend and I will do the W-trekking in the end of march. We think about sleeping in a tent at a camping site but is it necessary to reserve all camping sites before? And is it possible to buy instant food (food where you only have to put water in) in puerto natales or el calafate? and is it allowed to take this kind of food with you from argentina to chile?

I hope you can help us!

thanx

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reservation camping torres del paine??

You can't reserve camping site places as far as I know, definitely not in the unserviced (ie free) sites.

Instant food is impossible to buy in the TdP, even from the campsite shops at Paine Grande and Las Torres, but you can find it in the big supermarkets in Puerto Natales and El Calafate. Its also allowed to bring this food across the border into Chile. I found that the selection was much better in El Calafate than Puerto Natales.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reservation camping torres del paine??

You can book campsites which are next to refugios and book your meals at the same time if you wish to eat in the refugios. You probably wouldn't need to book campsites in March but you should check when they close for winter. Probably not until April, but it varies. Paid campsites have gear for rent but free ones (Italiano) have no real infrastructure and you need your own gear.

Avoid bringing in any food containing seeds or nuts or containing honey. Declare that you are bringing in any food when crossing the border into Chile to avoid fines for items you thought were alright.

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reservation camping torres del paine??

Italiano closed approximately mid-March this year. I doubt you'll need to reserve places at any campsite on the W trek at the end of March, when I did it in mid-March there was plenty of room at the pay sites next to refugios, the one exception being Los Cuernos (not many pitches here).

4. Re: reservation camping torres del paine??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, July 18, 2010