We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TdP to BsAs -- best way?

Which Torres del Paine National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
TdP to BsAs -- best way?

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Patagone next month and want to know what's teh best way to get from Torres del Paine to Buenos Aires.

Do I have to go thru El Calafate? Or can I get a flight back to BsAs from another airport that's closer to TdP?

Also, what'd be the best way to get to this airport from TdP? (Most likely I will be staying as Las Torres in TdP)

Thanks much!

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

You can fly from Punta Arenas to Santiago and then to Buenos Aires or cross to El Calafate and fly to Buenos Aires from there. There are no regular buses directly from TdP to El Calafate, they go from Puerto Natales, but there are a couple of tour companies which go direct and you may be able to book a return with them although it will cost more. From TdP to Punta Arenas, you need to go via Puerto Natales.

HK
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

Thanks for your reply.

And how easy is it to get to Puerto Natales from TdP?

Are there buses?

I did check with a tour company who goes from TdP to El Calafate, but the problem is they only leave TdP at 4.30pm, and that's too late for me, as I want to fly out from El Calafate to BsAs on the same evening.

The tour company I contacted is Always Glaciers; grateful if you can refer me to any others so I can check with them too.

Thanks very much

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

Chalten Travel is the other one, but they would also return in the afternoon as they both run day tours.

Cootra and Zaajh both go from P. Natales to El Calafate but leave early in the morning, 7.30-8. Cootra goes every day but I am not sure about Zaajh. I don't know of any other companies. You might have to overnight in Puerto Natales.

HK
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

Thanks so much... sorry for the bother, but can you tell me if there's a bus I can take from TdP to Puerto Natales? Which company?

And also, is there a private car I can hire to take me from TdP to Puerto Natales?

Thanks again

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

There are at least two companies, Gomez and JB. Gomez has a website. Always double check timetables when you are in the area as these websites do not get updated that often. If you are going to be in P. Natales before the park, you could book it then.

http://www.busesgomez.com/horarios.htm

JB, Arturo Prat 258. Phone 41-2824

You want the 'retorno del parque'.

HK
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

Thanks a million!

7. Re: TdP to BsAs -- best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 14, 2010