We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Paine Grande to Laguna Amaga

Which Torres del Paine National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Paine Grande to Laguna Amaga

Hi folks

The trip's all planned with just one more element to sort out! We will finish at Paine Grande and will stay an extra night there. The following day we will have the whole day to return to the Laguna Amarga to pick up the tour bus back to El Calafate. I have looked at other postings and from that we plan to get the boat from Paine Grande to Pudeto. We would probably then want to pick up a bus to go back to Laguna Amarga. Can anyone confirm the timetable for the boat? Am I right in thinking it does not cross very often? Is it also right that it is not necessary to book the boat?

On the other side, it looks like there are different bus companies that would pick up to Laguna Amarga. Is it necessary to book this bus or can we just jump on? Do these buses go quite often? If not, how long would it take to walk from Pudeto to Amarga? I don't want to get left behind!

Many thanks!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Paine Grande to Laguna Amaga

I went back to Puerto Natales Chile so don't know the answer about busses back to El Calafate.

You might want to post this under Argentina rather than Chile.

Also I would email the hotel in El Calafate or whereever you are staying in Argentina.

Most like it will be the noon catamaran but I cant say for sure.

I do know that you don't need to reserve the catamarans.

2. Re: Getting from Paine Grande to Laguna Amaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 14, 2010