We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ushuaia to Torres Del Paine

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Topic
Ushuaia to Torres Del Paine

My husband and I are traveling to Patagonia in December and hoping to spend a couple days touring the areas around Ushuaia and a couple in Torres Del Paine. I was considering using Punta Arenas as a base to visit both but I am wondering if that's really the best plan? Ideally we'll be flying into Ushuaia from Trelew. Does anyone have recommendations for the best/fastest way to get to Torres Del Paine from Ushuaia? Unfortunately you can't fly to Puerto Natales from Ushuaia. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Santiago
Level Contributor
493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ushuaia to Torres Del Paine

You can fly from Ushuaia to Calafate or Punta Arenas and from there take a bus to Puerto natales which is nearest city from Torres del Paine.

Normally this flight operates only in high season.

You can check with www.lan.com in Chile.

Blairsville, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ushuaia to Torres Del Paine

There are daily buses from Ushuaia to Punta Arenas, but it is a really long trip (around 12 hours). Stopping at Río Grande and crossing the Magellian Strait by ferryboat.

Definitivally the plane is the best way. Ushuaia to Punta Arenas (Sunday, Wednesdays and Fridays). Arrival to Punta Arenas at 18:10.

I recomend to visit the largest penguins colony, located at Isla Magdalena (Punta Arenas, before go to Torres del Paine.

There are daily buses from Puerto Natales to El Calafate too.

3. Re: Ushuaia to Torres Del Paine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, August 29, 2009
4. Re: Ushuaia to Torres Del Paine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:34 am, February 24, 2010