We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train booking

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
train booking

how to book train to Are from stolkholm,and what time before travel date to get cheap ticket

is bus/coach travel to Are is possible and is cheap to train

dr yatin

6 replies to this topic
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train booking

Trains are booked at www.sj.se, and the discounted tickets are released 90 days in advance.

There is a bus as well, but only during winter it seems: http://www.arebussen.se/index_en.php

Bus starts at 356 SEK, while train starts at 381 SEK. A overnight train (with a berth in a 6-berth cabin) is available most days from around 550 SEK.

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train booking

thnx whiskytraveller,i am staying Are for a week in late april week,can u suggest activities posiible by public transport,and how to go trondhein

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train booking

Hallo WhiskyTraveller.

I have seen your more than helpful information on more than several posts.

I have a question for you- I want to get to Åre from Trondheim Airport on 30 Jan '16. I see the skibus is only Thursday and Sunday.

What is the best way? Train? Private Taxi?

Takk.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train booking

There are two daily trains from Are towards Trondheim. Get that to Hell Station (yes, really - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway) and then either walk the approx 1 mile to the airport or wait for a local train (once every hour or thereabouts) northwards that'll take you to the next stop that is Trondheim Airport. Buy tickets to Hell from the ticket machine are Are Station and then if the conductor manages to come around you will need a separate ticket for the Hell-Airport journey (36 NOK).

PS! It's bad form to add an unrelated question on an existing thread. It's best to start your own.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train booking

Thanks whiskytraveller. I apologise for offending you and to the thread starter with my 'bad form'. I appreciate the information. I will make sure I work out how to start a thead and how to contact a specific person in the future. Again my apologies breaking the rules.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train booking

I wasn't offended. It's just that by tagging a question on to the end of a thread you risk people replying to the original question and your question gets lost in the middle.

Reply to: train booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Are
Recent Conversations