We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Toronto
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Just back from resort and if anyone has any questions would be happy to answer.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Hi, just wondering about shade around beach and pool and how much the towel game is played. Also if you have any tips for this resort that would be appreciated. thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Hi, there is lots of shade at both spots. But what we found is that there is no palm trees along the edge of the beach which would add more shade. The first few days we were there we had a hard time getting spots in shade. But did manage to get some shade under trees around pool. Apparently people are up at 6AM to get there spots at pool & beach. Some people even secure spots at both beach & pool which is really greedy! We had chairs saved beside us and at 5:00 no one had shown up. Thats just plain rude and inconsiderate! The second half of our vacation we had no problem getting a spot at beach at 8:30 AM on way to breakfast. And then in the afternoon going to the pool and getting spots. I guess it depends on how busy it is at the resort when you go. We had room 1621, second floor facing one of the pools. Was great spot as it was close to everything and we didn't find it too noisy at night if we didn't stay for the entertainment. At the buffet I stuck to the cook stations as I am a bit of a fussy eater and enjoyed that food more. All in all we had a great vacation .

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Awesome, thanks for your response. We leave in 9 days!

Worcs
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Hi, we are leaving for MELIA Cayo Santa Maria, I 'd appreciate any info re Mosquitos ! Any problems? Thanks.

Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
42 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Just got back last week had no problem with any thing but they have been getting a little rain in Cuba so there is always a possibility ,take some spray just in case have a good trip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

I read on someones review that the C/S area where Heriberto and Rolando sit at their computer just off the lobby is no longer. Is that true ?

Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

Yes, they were moving the office to the old cadeca off the lobby lastDecember.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

I wonder why they would do that ? MCSM is all about C/S. Sticking the guys in a room away from all the customers is wrong. How do they mingle and interact with the customers in there ? Very weird.

montreal , canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

it true that they take your passport when you check in at this hotel ??

10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Melia Cayo Santa Maria....any questions

we have been there 14 times they never took our passport