We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

I have a Canadian student viza and I have a Romanian passport. Does anyone know if I need a special viza ahead of time, or can I book my vacation from Toronto and receive the tourist card as anyone else in the plain?

Thank you for you help!

Valentin

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

Unless Romanians are part of that very small minority of nations that do not require a visa to Cuba then YES you will receive your tourist card just like everyone else on the plane.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

Hey Valentin , one of our friend just travel with us two years ago with Moldavian passport , she had no problem , she just had to pay extra for the visa right at the Cuban airport . You can always call immigration canada or passport canada and they, maybe can provide you with that information .Or at least ask them where you can find that info for sure ! Good luck .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

What has "immigration canada or passport Canada" got to do with Cuban visa requirements?

Anyway - either the OP will need to use the TC which will be handed out on the plane (most likely) or they won't. It's that simple.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

If he is in Canada they can help him with some info ... That where my friend call to ask about her passport .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

If he is in Canada they can help him with some info ... That where my friend call to ask about her passport .

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

Inylea, as stated above Immigration Canada and Passport Canada have nothing whatsoever to do with Cuban Immigration requirements. All they'll do is say call the Cuban Embassy. If you did happen to talk to someone who gave some information it would be meaningless because they have no clue.

In any case it's a moot point. The OPer Valentin will be handed the Cuban Tourist Card on the aircraft same as every other passenger departing from Canada, no big deal. There's nothing for Valentin to worry about.

Cheers,

Terry

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

In any case it's a moot point. The OPer Valentin will be handed the Cuban Tourist Card on the aircraft same as every other passenger departing from Canada, no big deal.

this is information above is correct, i have travelled with 6 forgien students and we were all given our tourist cards on the plane.

8. Re: Travel to Cuba on Canadian student viza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 06, 2015