We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Fabulous week went by far too fast! I will be submitting a review shortly but in the meantime if anyone has any questions I will be happy to try my best to answer them! Can't wait to return again and again :)

ontario,canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Hi Luv2Yak, i am looking forward to your review…just wondering how you found the mosquitos situation and did you use the wi-fi ???? hoping to check on teenagers at home.

thanks

Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

We brought unscented bug spray with deet and sprayed ourselves in the morning before hitting the beach to avoid sand flea bites. Workwd like a charm! We were never once bothered at night by mosquitos and the only time we had anything was the morning we were leaving...in the lobby at 6am and the noseeums seemed to be bugging all of us waiting for the bus. Odd.

Wifi worked in the main building better in the morning than at night due to the volume of people using it at night. I only brought my ipod touch and it was perfect !

Sept Iles, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Hi LUv2Yak.....which area of the resort did you stay in? Do the bungalows around the pool area have all the terrace and/or balconies facing the pool? If you have pics of them can you post some when you write up your review.

Can wait to be at the Royalton....71 more days to go!!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Where did you exchange you canadian dollars for cuc's? :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

There are two pools...do you mean upper or lower?

There was plenty of time to wxchange money at the aurport. As soon as you walk out the only door turn to your right and go around the corner 5 ft! Ask for small bills and singles.

We brought unscented bug spray with deet and sprayed ourselves in the morning before hitting the beach to avoid sand flea bites. Workwd like a charm! We were never once bothered at night by mosquitos and the only time we had anything was the morning we were leaving...in the lobby at 6am and the noseeums seemed to be bugging all of us waiting for the bus. Odd.

Wifi worked in the main building better in the morning than at night due to the volume of people using it at night. I only brought my ipod touch and it was perfect !

Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

We were bungalow 7 which was one bungalow away from the beach entrance as well as the lower pool and snack bar.

There are two pools...do you mean upper or lower?

There was plenty of time to wxchange money at the aurport. As soon as you walk out the only door turn to your right and go around the corner 5 ft! Ask for small bills and singles.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Did you try any of the restaurants in the pueblo or did you just stick with the resort?

Looking forward to reading your review as we are thinking of returning here maybe April/May.

Napanee, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Is there anything different at this resort then that of other Cuba resorts with respect to dinners, dress codes, tipping, excursions etc... .? We have been to Cuba some 28 times or so and just when you are prepared something new happens. Departure tax, green cards all the same?. We are so anxious for May 8th to come. Two weeks in paradise. What is the current exchange?

Cuba Libra

Sept Iles, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Bungalows closest to the lower pool level....the ones nearest to the beach!!

thanks

Edited: 1:55 pm, February 12, 2014
Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Returned from Royalton yesterday. Any questions?

Departure taxes green cards etc all the same. $1.00 Can got me $0.86 CUC..

We were lower pool bungalow 7 gardenview but we had an end unit so we had a front big window that looked out into the resort and pool area plus a sliding glass door that looked into foliage...