We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes after booking

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Changes after booking

Has anyone been able to change resorts after booking with Tripcentral and Hola Sun? Not looking to change dates or flights, just resorts. Thanks

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
896 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes after booking

Larry... If you are considering this, you should contact trip central and ask them,

Or go on to their website, they do have a life chat operator on there..

I have asked them a few questions and they readily give an answer.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,319 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes after booking

Of course you'd have to pay the difference if the new resort is even avilabe. It would need to be with the same tour op as well. Otherwise you'd have to cancel and re-book. Depending on when your traveling that could be a problem. Is there a reason??

Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes after booking

Called Hola Sun directly after calling Tripcen... They said no problem switching resorts, your well within the 22 day deadline and Tripcen... should've handled it for you?? Same flight and a resort Hola Sun deals with. Booked at Eurostars for this April, now looking at Iberostar, and Playa pay differance, no penalties. Not a good feeling about Eurostars. Now I'm kinda excited again :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes after booking

Well, it's done, Eurostars no more, Iberostar Ensenachos it is! Really happy this was possible. Feeling real positive now!! There was a 22 day limit with Hola Sun on changing resorts fee free (thank-you). Just pay the difference and a $50 re-booking fee and your done!! Happy days are here again :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes after booking

Lucky you :) We are stuck still with a next week adventure at Eurostars. We are doing our best to stay positive - but it sucks having to pack crackers, granola bars etc. when going to an all-inclusive. Next I will buy some straws and pack our bubba cups - because I sure don't want to be sick on recycled ones from garbage (unbelievable)....on top of the rest of the aggravations. Might be our first and last trip to Cuba :( Never had a problem with the Mexican Riviera. I appreciate that at least we are forewarned by fellow travellers and our expectations have been drastically diminished. Unfortunately looking forward to a trip is half of the fun - and this one is ?????

Ontario
Level Contributor
342 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes after booking

I am in the same boat rideaugal, didn't buy cancellation insurance so can't change. I am doing the same thing, have towels, bubba kegs, straws, and everyone is taking Dukoral!

Shall hope for the best!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes after booking

Well since our expectations are at rock bottom....we might be pleasantly surprised! We arrive at night so I also bringing small flashlights so we can find our rooms. If you are there next week maybe we will run into each other. Good luck to all of us!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changes after booking

I'm soo lucky! I didn't think it was possible. One good thing about booking early I guess. I think Eurostars is making an effort to improve the service, reviews are better. I really wanted to check it out. Hope its a lot better than your expecting :-)

Hamilton
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changes after booking

Hey Larry I think you made a very wise choice. Been to Iberostar 3 previous times and it was fabulous. My review still hasn't been posted and I think it is because everyone that was there from Jan 7th - Jan 14 and flew with Canjet is still sending in their comments and Trip Advisor just can;t keep up or perhaps they beilieve the reports and reviews are all exaggerated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,319 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changes after booking

Cancellation Insurance would not have helped you. You cannot cancel because you had a change of heart. Its meant to be used for medical issues, deaths etc.

Cheers