We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

My husband and I are travelling to this hotel on January 14, 2014. We travel every year for the past 7 years. We have never booked a 5 star hotel, always 3.5 to 4.5 in Mexico. My question is dressing for dinner at night. Can my husband wear flip flops and shorts with a short sleeve shirt? So for anyone who has travelled to this hotel, what did you see the other men wearing at night for dinner? I just don't want to have to pack a whole bunch of long pants and dress shoes. Thanks in advance for any help that you can give!!

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Flip flops and shorts for breakfast and lunch would be great. The resort advertises casual elegance for the evening in their restaurants. Remember that these are not buffets. It would be more appropriate with a pair of chinos or light dress pants that can be reinvented over serveral nights with different shirts. A nice pair of dress sandels instead of the flip flops is a good idea. Think about being back home what would you wear in an upscale restaurant in the evening in the summer?

2. Re: Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 05, 2015
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor