We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP at Airport

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
VIP at Airport

Do they still offer this for 20.00 we bought it last time best 20 we have ever spent. Seeing as our flight looks pretty full.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP at Airport

Yes, it still costs 20CUC, you buy it from your tour rep.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP at Airport

We have enjoyed the lounge every time wee have been to Villa Clara.

Some folks think it's not worth the money.

Go Ti Cats!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP at Airport

OH so worth the money...lol Thanks just making sure its was still there...

Brantford
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP at Airport

Absolutely worth every penny! Our flight was delayed 4 hours and we enjoyed beers, coffee and sandwiches not to mention the comfy couches and a.c.

Brantford
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP at Airport

Absolutely worth every penny! Our flight was delayed 4 hours and we enjoyed beers, coffee and sandwiches not to mention the comfy couches and a.c.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIP at Airport

Does the VIP room have anything for kids? Non-Alcohol ? Is the food and drinks unlimited? What kind of sandwiches/food do they offer exactly (kids can be picky sometimes)... Non smoking room?

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIP at Airport

Not worth it in my opinion if you happen to use it when 3 flights are going out around the same time as they will overbook. We were lucky to have a seat but a bunch of others were not. It was cramped and people had to sit on the coffee tables. The service was also slow as they only had 2 guys tending the bar. We managed to get a sandwich but many others did not as they had run out of food....they were waiting for supplies when we boarded on the 2nd plane out so I don't know if the others who were waiting got anything to eat. There was nobody tending the door and non paying wanderers were walking in. They would be found out only when they asked for a drink and didn't have their VIP receipt.

Nobody tended the washrooms and they were a little discusting. I went out to visit a duty free store and checked out a main waiting area washroom and it was much cleaner as someone was tending them.

By the time we boarded it looked like a hurricane passed VIP as there were glasses and bags of chips and other bought food from outside everywhere due to lazy travellers to lazy to put their garbage in the trash can.

Note: If you are flying Air Transat Club Class you will board first along with the VIP room people.

Amherst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIP at Airport

DrCactus

There are snacks (chips etc) and great ham and cheese Panini sandwiches, coffee, alcohol, juice, pop. Comfortable seating, especially in the front room. Last we were there they had a closed in smoking room. That may have changed with the new smoking rules. The bathrooms were clean but when busy could be a line up. Always a choice for us because it can get pretty congested in the main hall.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIP at Airport

I support

V.I.P is Worth every penny ...in october we waited 1 hour to get a ham sandwich and beer ,no air condition in airport at 10$ per person (around),,so for 20$ it is a deal , i used it the 2 other time i was in santa clara.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VIP at Airport

I hope everyone buys VIP because there are less people in the 'free' lounge. I just can't imagine how people could be so hungry after being at an AI for a week. We use the 2 hours to sober up a bit and if you need food, a sandwich is about 5 CUC. Save your $$ for the next trip.