We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Vochers

Ft St John
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunwing Vochers

Can you believe Sunwing only allows 1 travel voucher to be used per booking...

My wife and I both have $50 travel vouchers from our last trip but can only use one because we booked as a couple.

Good policy Sunwing : /

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
708 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing Vochers

There is always some kind of catch with vouchers or coupons! Good Luck with your booking!

Ft St John
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing Vochers

Um, how can I edit my spelling error in my thread title...

Edited: 3:59 pm, August 14, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing Vochers

"not to be combined with any other offer" and the vacation price has to 695. before taxes

Edited: 4:04 pm, August 14, 2013
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing Vochers

"not to be combined with any other offer" and the vacation price has to 695. before taxes .

Do you mean you can't use it if it's less than 695 ?? I used my voucher on $565 (taxes in) . One week of AI cost me $515 :))

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing Vochers

that is what I was told. for under 695 I was allowed to use a $25 voucher. guess it all depends

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing Vochers

hey, maly, what did you get for so cheap? and when?

it must be from toronto, of course...?

we, in windsor, are mostly at mercy of sunwing, and yes, we got some vouchers too, but i guess - one per booking... so the other one... recycle box... :)

oh, i think, i should have said "mala", right? just having fun here.... :)

Edited: 1:57 pm, August 15, 2013
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing Vochers

Zabbba, are you Polish ?

Yes , it is with Sunwing. I got it when they have the "tax break" going on. They have one right now. But it is tricky with the voucher, as it has to be used up to 45 day before departure. But then , the prices usually are still high.

As for one voucher per booking, I guess you would need to do 2 separate booking for you and your husband ? I don't know how will this work with the room, but if you go in low season, and there is no a single supplement, then you can get 2 rooms, and change it in the hotel for one.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
82 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing Vochers

I feel your pain. I have been unable to use my vouchers too. My husband & I recieved $150 voucher each for some issues we had on our last Sunwing vacation. Well I ended up pregnant and then we had a baby so we were unable to use them before the year expiry. I caontacted Sunwing to have them extended and they wanted me to pay $50 per voucher to extend them. I found that absolutely ridiculous. Especially the fact that they even have an expiry date because the issue for which we were given them, still remains. So I tried to use them on a different upcoming vacation but we had gotten it on a sale price and could not combine the vouchers. Also they would not even use the vouchers for an upgrade to Premium Elite service. I just found Sunwing very difficult to work with & absolutely dissapointed with their customer service.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
791 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing Vochers

Now, I'm curious. If you have cancellation insurance with Sunwing, they pay you in vouchers. Does this mean it's only good for one person, even though you got the vouchers for two paid vacations?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing Vochers

yes, maluszek, we are polish, our kids are first generation canadians... :)

we are already booked for arenas blancas, dec.05 from windsor

it worked better for us with just one booking /and only one voucher from Sunwing/since they gave us 2x90$ discounts for two kids in the same room.. those beds are not queen size, but still adequate for us... we haven't grown big on cuban food yet... lol...

the whole thing about vouchers and cancellation insurance - it's best to avoid it, of course... yes, the fine print is there and hardly anybody reads it or it's open to interpretation...

i don't have the experience with cancellations... yet... so i'm not sure how it goes, jadedlucifer... but i would imagine whatever you paid - they should give it to you in vouchers /and they better be without restrictions - well, you bought the cancellation insurance,right?/.... but as many of us, cuba bound, discovered... it's not always the case...