We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HUSA......Just back

cornwall
Level Contributor
360 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
HUSA......Just back

Any questions ask away.

Had a great time. We were 10 of us from Ontario and had only small complaints.

Iglesia San Juan Bautista de Remedios
Scenic Walking Areas, Churches & Cathedrals, Historic Sites, Sacred & Religious Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HUSA......Just back

Glad to hear you all had a great time! What were the small complaints?

Essex, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HUSA......Just back

Glad you had a good trip.. I go there March 17 for our first trip to Cuba. Can hardly sleep already. Do they have canned/bottled beer at the bars or do I need to stock up in the room fridge. I love beer but have an issue with draft if the lines are not clean, I am no snob but I love beer. I told my wife I was going to bring a collapsible cooler to fill with ice and have beers from room in it. I also have 2 rooms booked and my children will not be drinking beer...I hope LOL

Any info would be a great help.

Jay

cornwall
Level Contributor
360 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HUSA......Just back

Samll complaints were very long waits for eggs,crepes,pizza,pasta.

They make it to order and one night waited just over 1 hour. They need better organization.

Beer was draft and I did see cans of Bucanero (the stronger of the two beers) the other is Cristal (my choice)

They put 2 cans of beer in your fridge daily along with 2 soft drinks and 1 water.

Go to the breakfast at 7 a.m and you will not wait more than 5 minutes. Supper is a different story though.......this got sickening after awhile, but we didnt let it ruin our trip.

Beach is great and pools are great.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HUSA......Just back

I am glad to hear you had a good time and I am looking forward to your full review. I am going there with my family on March 24 and just upgraded my stay for two weeks! This will be the first time we have ever gone for two weeks and while excited a little nervous at the same time.

Do they have laundry service available and do you know what the cost is?

How many al cartes can you book? Were they any good?

Did you do any excursions?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HUSA......Just back

Hi there...Glad to hear that u guys had a great time..

My question is about the a-la-cartes...I think I have read that the a-la-cartes are assigned to u and that if u want to change them you have to wait in a long line..Is that true that they assign them to you????

Also we are travelling with Air Transat and their brochure claims that we get 3 guaranteed reservation (with the exclusive getting 4) Do you know if that is also the case???

Thanks in advance

Whitby
Level Contributor
832 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HUSA......Just back

Hi Cornwall, I had read about your concerns and am glad to hear you had a great time.. Cuba has come wonderful resorts and I hope you will try visiting it again.

Sue

Pemberton, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: HUSA......Just back

I just read the temperature was dipping to mid to low 20's for the coming week! So disappointed but hoping it doesn't turn out that way. I will have to rearrange my suitcase now :(

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HUSA......Just back

possibly going there 1st time march 31

where is the money exchange in husa? is it cadeca?

do they give you receipt if you ask?

thanks

Cobourg, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: HUSA......Just back

They Always give a receipt, even if you don't ask.

The Cadeca is located just around the corner from the check-in desk.

cornwall
Level Contributor
360 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HUSA......Just back

The Al A Cartes are assigned to you. When you arrive they are inside your envelope.

Temperature was cool the night we arrived, but after that it was absolutely gorgeous. One day even got a little too hot so we packed it in at 3 p.m and went to our rooms.....lol

Best place to change money is either at the airport or the Pueblo which is a 7 minute walk down the street where you do any souvenir shopping. Hotel rate was awful.

WhitbySue, This was our 3rd time to Cuba and second in 8 months. I will definitely return one day. The people are amazing there.